HHHIIIIIIIII :)

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: HHHIIIIIIIII :)

Postby fairyanna » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks for your enquiry about current research on effective treatments for gambling addiction and recovery timelines. A good place to direct your enquiry to would be the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation (VRGF) who have an excellent website and compile research data and information on this topic. Now that neuroscience studies are available, we can see that problem gambling forms a habit in much the same way as addiction to alcohol or drugs. I would point you to recent studies by Dr Luke Clarke at Uni British Columbia, Canada and also Prof. Jim Orford from the UK. Common evidence based treatments include CBT, MET, Exposure therapy, emotional regulation and stress management skills. There is also a role for medication for some people.
You can try out our C_THR12_66 and latest pass4sure to get high flying success in final rasmussen and www.loyola.edu Our Miami International University of Art & Design is also very useful tool.
fairyanna

RE: HHHIIIIIIIII :)

Postby BriM » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi Cliff,

Welcome to our online community! Thanks for taking the courage to post, it can be hard sometimes to take the first step, but everyone is on here to support each other and it's great to have you in on the conversation. Perhaps you'd like to tell us a bit about your gambling history and where you're at with it at the moment.

Hang in there!

Bri (moderator)
BriM

Postby clifford cliff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm

hi to all im cliff hoping to get some help.
clifford cliff

Postby AnnaB (facilitator) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Bull,

Welcome to the forum! Its great to have new people joining and I agree, I am looking forward to lots of discussion. Keep posting

Take care

Anna (moderator)
AnnaB (facilitator)

HHHIIIIIIIII :)

Postby Bull » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:42 am

Hello everyone.

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum. I love these online message boards and hopefully we'll get more and more people to join so we can have heaps of discussions.

See you around!
Bull.
Bull

Return to The Courtyard