12 Months of Freedom..And Lovin' Every Minute

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: 12 Months of Freedom..And Lovin' Every Minute

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Heyo my Peeps,

How we all going?

Things pretty quiet here. Pop' doing really we, so very happy.

Just hit 16 months a couple of days ago. Been kinda bored lately, weather getting a bit cold and wet for golf so gonna have to find another activity.
Maybe find a new TV show to binge on or some movies. Start my drawing again, get out the tablet and work on some art, who knows might be able to make some money out of it.

Anywhoo, must be off. Keep fighting and give gambling the big F**K YOU!!

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks guys I really needed and appreciate your support.

Good news, pop is doing better so I'm cautiously optimistic. Just playing the waiting game now.

Here's to staying strong.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Mona58 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Well done on staying strong Jinky, hope your Pop recovers. Thoughts are with you!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby David2 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

JinxyWolf wrote:Hi Everyone,

How we all going? Good I hope.

Me, Feeling a bit flat tonight. My Pop's (Mum's Dad) in hospital in Melbourne he's in pretty bad shape, just waiting to hear whether he has to have surgery or not. Mum is there with her sisters and can u believe that I had a fleeting thought of going to the pokies in order to just forget the whole thing was happening. But I couldn't do that to her or myself, plus I couldn't disrespect Pop like that, using him and what he is going through as an excuse to lapse. So here I am putting my feelings down, sharing with you all so I don't feel so alone.

So here's to brighter days ahead.....I hope.....

JinxyWolf

Hi Jinxy I'm sorry to hear your Pops isn't doing well. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'm doing okay I guess. Not giving into the urges isn't so difficult for me anymore, on Sunday a mate wanted me to come with him to the pokies, and I refused, but it's the reasons I gamble in the first place that I still struggle with, and probably will for the rest of my life.

If you would like someone to talk to I'm a good listener. You have been a rock for many people on this forum, it's the least I can do.

Stay strong Jinxy. We're here for you.
David2

Postby JinxyWolf » Sat May 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

How we all going? Good I hope.

Me, Feeling a bit flat tonight. My Pop's (Mum's Dad) in hospital in Melbourne he's in pretty bad shape, just waiting to hear whether he has to have surgery or not. Mum is there with her sisters and can u believe that I had a fleeting thought of going to the pokies in order to just forget the whole thing was happening. But I couldn't do that to her or myself, plus I couldn't disrespect Pop like that, using him and what he is going through as an excuse to lapse. So here I am putting my feelings down, sharing with you all so I don't feel so alone.

So here's to brighter days ahead.....I hope.....

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi Jinxywolf
I'm Calvin, one of the forum moderators.

It is great to hear about all the effort you have put in to become gambling free!! Well done!
I understand that at times it can still be overwhelming and at times there could be urges that can arise.
I'm pleased to hear that you have support systems in place and that you have found this forum to be useful to you.
If you ever need further support don't hesitate to give Gamblers Helpline a call, even if you just need to debrief. They are available 24/7 and you can contact them on 1800 858 858.

Keep up the great work.

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:30 pm

Well done Jinky..

Yes life is much better when NOT gambling.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby JinxyWolf » Mon May 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi All,

Just checkin' in.

15 Months, 453 Days since I last dropped a coin in a poker machine and who thought life could be so good.

Keep plugging away everyone.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Giveupforgood » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Hey jinxy,
Well done mate. I think i may have written my first post around the same time u stopped. Its so good to see someone come through it all like you have. It gives the rest of us hope. Whilst ive been up and down on my quit gambling journey its stories like this that inspire me to trudge on and keep trying. Thanks for sharing.
Giveupforgood

Postby JinxyWolf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Hey Gang,

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you all are doing. I just celebrated my 14 month anniversary a couple of days ago.

Good to see the success stories, people enjoying being gamble free, some are still struggling but that's ok. We all struggle at some time or another and that is where this forum really shines. To come on here and see we are not alone, that we have support and people who know exactly what we are going through really helps. I've had so many ups and downs on this journey I thought I'd never even out but these last few months have shown me that life does settle down eventually, things become clearer and we can start to live again.

Be well everyone, dig in those heels and know that it's all worth it, to get where you deserve to be and that is being gamble free.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard