Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:32 am

This morning I read the long inspirational success story of ''Family First" and the posts of others.

Today l'll keep busy with house work' the garden AND best of all be gamble free!

Mona in day 15
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello Shirley and Spring'

I am good! Proud of myself actually. On my way home today temptation hit! I kept telling myself not to be silly and remember all the posts and how emotionally draining the struggle is! I don't have my tablet or internet on my phone... but remembered the daily TXT messages from Gamb Help ... So I read those on the train and they really helped bring me back into focusing on being gamble free. I felt really good as I walked... more so marched home. As today TXT said to walk with your head held high!

I had talked with my stepmother about gambling . She was telling me abit about my dad having gone to two-up one time when she was away... and the guilty way he'd told her. We laughed. I told her I feel guilty for my going to the pokies and that I had found myself going more often since l finished Uni... which is why I'd decided to enrol into another degree next year.. fingers cross I'll get accepted !

So... it has been a really good day and it does make a difference to talk about it!

Congratulations on 57 days Spring! I will get busy tomorrow with house work.. it never ends!

Mona in day 14 Gfreee! Yay!
Mona58

Postby Shirley (facilitator) » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey Mona, how are you?
Shirley (facilitator)

Postby Springhope17 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi Mona,

Just wanted to checkin and see how you are going?

I am keeping myself busy this weekend doing things around the house. I am 57 days GF today.
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:57 am

l read my posts over to remind myself of where l was, Afraid to let my guard down.

Mona in day 13
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:47 am

Thank you Spring .
Mona58

Postby Springhope » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:45 am

Hi Mona,

I am so glad you are feeling great.

I think its fantastic that you talked to your daughter about why you have joined the forum.

Keep up the great work! Another day down! I've found that as the days go by it does get easier.
Springhope

Postby Mona58 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Conversation with my daughter started with me "I've joined . gambling help online" . she went "What for ?". She said I'd told her lot of times when I'd been broke but she didn't think it was troubling me. We talked about the impact gambling Is having on people she knows... which is sad. Details are too personal to put in here..l am so glad we had this talk

On my way home I did not even think about the pokies just read an old book l picked up at the op shop for 20 cents about the ancient history of honey...

Mona in day 12 ... feeling great!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:15 am

Good morning '

... read the overnight' posts. still taking them in ... most especially the family and friends posts - the most heartfelt. I am visiting daughter today ...

Cannot think of anything right now

Mona in day 12 ...
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:46 pm

Today I went to my Garden voluntary work, I enjoyed the time and thought abou how much work there is to do. I did walk pass one venue... kind of smiling and thinking to myself I am never going back in there...

Right now I'd just thought I hope I have this same strength next payday!

Mona in day 11 ... feeling good!
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard