Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 am

Checked bank accounts and purse this morning ... not much left ... then realised this is when pokies temptation usually bites! Reminded myself I have everything I need... except the cream for ice cream.

I don't have that urge to gamble ... but still feel vulnerable to walk pass the D-Den. Reading my posts regularly sometimes feels like having to deal with another person in me. It takes a lot of thinking to be kind to myself ... force almost... to caring more about health and mental being.

Mona in day 65 ...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Shopping on Sunday a rare rare luxury indeed... thanks to being gamble free!

It has become my family tradition to serve Christmas breakfast. I feed little grandson pancakes, ice cream choc milk jelly and more ice cream... then send him to his Grandma and Pa's all hyped up! (I'm Nana).

I found a lovely ice cream recipe book "Popsicles'' This year plan to make my own ice-cream by hand... no machines for moi.

I'm extremely excited for Christmas this year ... no guilt ... no shame ... and lots of presents!

Mona on day 64
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Only good thing about the meal was not having to do the dishes!

Spend much of the day doing "housework" . Too hot to do anything thing else but stay inside, read watch telly ... It is a nice day actually! Not keen to go shops!

Mona in day 63 GF
Mona58

Postby Wits end » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:51 pm

That meal would generally be nicer and more enjoyable than one from home. That is why we call it a luxury to go out for a meal at a restaurant It is your choice to pay $34 for fish and chips just as it is your choice to put that money in a poker machine. I on average up until 6 weeks ago had feed the pokies at least $1000 every week for 28 Year’s By my calculation that is 1.45 million dollars. But if I was to go out for tea and opened the menu to be faced with extravagant meal prices my irrational brain would tell me to walk out and I probably would. Hopefully one day I will be able to not have to rationalise to myself that it is ok to enjoy life’s luxuries.
Wits end

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Mona,

Great work yesterday - just another little battle you have now over come!

I am so happy for you.

Im 105 days GF!
Springhope17

Postby Mona58 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:42 am

Thank-you all!

reflectIng on yesterdays event -..

I only knew the toilets in the D. Den and one of the first things I did after I sat down was look around for other toilets ... couldn't find them and told myself to go easy on the water... it wasn't till I went to order did I see them ... phew!

When l picked up the menu and saw the cost of a meal... $ 34 for grilled fish with chips and salad ... I was like what? Its $10 for a pkt of 10 pieces of frozen Bata fish... $3 for a whole lettuce or a mixed bag of salad... $ 3 half kilo Tomatoes . $7 for a bag of potatoes and probably another $11 for other ingredients..

$34 can feed me well for 10 days...

$30 I USED to feed the demons machines...$4 fed myself carrot sticks and 2 min noodles!

Mona in day 62 GF
Mona58

Postby Oregon » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:21 am

Congrats! Now you know you can fight even the worst temptation.
Don't drop your guard..
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby DFP » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Well done Mona. Very well managed. And you've passed a significant milestone as a non-gambler. Great insight into the wastefulness of your past - which you clearly don't want to go back to doing. Well done!!!
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Jeddie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Hallo, very very well done 🎉🎉🎉

You beat the demon today and you will next time as well. Stand tall and walk proud😀

75 days gf today
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Gosh that hurt! I'm still trying to get enough air into my lungs!
I chose a seat as far end of the table. If I looked left I'd see the Poki sign. What upset me most was seeing the ATM I'd drawn money from... how many $2.50 fees I'd paid for the number of times l withdrew $20 ... It was really hard not to think about those wasted days and money.

I'm just so relieved l no longer want to gamble.

Mona in day 61 GF
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard