Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks Oregon! Good to see you are still going strong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Oregon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:04 pm

Great to come back and see you doing so well Mona :D

-Oregon
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks Pam!
Mona58

Postby pamela » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Mona.giving up the ciggies is tough but so is giving up gambling so you can do this
Pam
pamela

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi Cazza-..

Am day two on the gums ... doing not too bad. The Quit program helps. I've kept busy today and often found myself comparing urges to gambling urges. I'm a bit surprised that urges today were not too bad... one urge at a time! l haven't been out to get the patches yet so will see how I feel tomorrow,

Mona
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi Mona. Just wanted to check and see if you had started on your patches this week? And see how you were feeling 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Thank you Catherine! Well done on 4 weeks , stay strong.
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:57 pm

You are such an inspiration to us all on this site. You may have had a slight slip up recently, but thinks off all the days where you didn't slip up. And you were strong enough to realise what the hell am I doing and turn around and get out with only $20 wasted. Just remember if it was the good old days, you would have been feeding the $50 notes in and then getting more money out the ATM. I certainly don't miss doing this.
I am commencing Week 4 tomorrow. Keep on going. You are doing well.
Catherine1

Postby Mona58 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks Jinky & Cazza,

I have been quiet the past few weeks... this itself is something new. It takes getting used to the pleasure being gamble free brings . l don't particular "worry" about issues (things I can't control ) as much as I used to and this seems to "empty" parts of life, just like gambling has left that void which I've filled with more pleasurable activities and these feel nice ...

I thought I was settled & strong enough to attempt the quit smoking now. l have been taking multi-vitamins, fish oil and gingko AND l've been eating much healthier. I can't believe how much of an impact smoking has on mental & physical well being until you try remove the disgusting things! ... There is something l will try next week... the patches With lozenges' as I have been reading Quit online and will install register for daily txt support etc.

Have to constantly remind myself that l CAN'T change the issues I'm faced with BUT l CAN change how much I allow it to control ME... Easier said than done . BUT Once done becomes easier.. Can only keep encouraging myself.

I am really grateful for the support I get from the this forum ..

Mona
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:36 pm

Oh Mona, sorry to hear. I have been worried about you as you had sounded so sad in your last few posts.
Am glad you are back posting , but as Jinxy said it has been a tiny slip in 8 months. I know you would be offering lots of support for others around you in the same position hopefully others on the forum will show you theirs.
I wonder how much of your mixed feelings also came from giving up smoking too. I had patches for the 1st couple of weeks and then started taking vitamins to even out my mood swings .

Would maybe setting a goal of like a holiday get your mind thinking not so much as extra cash in the bank but your holiday fund help?
Sending you much strength Mona 😊
Cazza

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard