Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks Cazza,

Yes it does go quiet In here at times. l'm often on this old tablet reading, researching or playing candy crush and peek into GH0 every so often...

That sunshine on Friday was great... Yesterday was cold & wet but l still visited a friend and today I rearranged my lounge only to put it back again! ha ha!

Have a great week too!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Hey Mona, hope you are well. Still very quiet on here. I shoot in and out about once a week for a read yet not many posts. Glad that the weather is starting to turn around and hope you are enjoying the sunshine these days. Have a great week
Cazza

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Good on you Mona, sometimes there can be slip ups, just as long as we evaluate them and take note of what we can do to avoid these slip ups in the future.
You have done a tremendous amount of work, keep it up !
Glad to hear you're enjoying your studies as well

Kind regards,

Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:22 am

Hey Cazza! So glad to see your post...

Glad you are doing really well!

The forums have been extremely quiet ..I still can't get in through Explorer,, but Chrome seems to be great.
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:49 am

Hey Mona glad to hear you are doing well. I get what you mean about life these days. To me it's still like it a dream like state a floaty sort of feeling.
Keep well
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:57 am

The forums have gone very quiet ...

It's been 10 months and 11 days since I stopped gambling,., bar that one slip. Not successful on the smoking part though... still trying and learning'

Life has become so much more ... how can one put life into a word ... it has its moments but is definitely much more stable without gambling / wasting money on nothing but misery, I'm taking better care of my self... bar smoking..- am able to afford to buy healthier food and have given Bunnings the flick for the Market...

After that slip up... l've gone back to restricting carrying my cards and cash everyday and back to daily SMS to remind me ... I'd always had that element of fear of relapse... which I think (know) has got stronger. When I go see my psychologist I do not take any cards or cash at all...

I really should be working on the assignment due tomorrow... but here I am doing everything :-vacuuming, dusting... pottering about the garden... enjoying the sunshining through the window... the house smelling of the banana cake I made earlier... everything and anything but the assignment... they call it procrastinating!! But...its not like I haven't studied... in fact L think I've over studied... I did get a few higher marks for assignments done in a panic.

It's really great learning at mature age ... I highly recommend it if you have time and nothing better to do. Don't worry too much if you think you aren't "intelligent".-we all have a working mind... and keenness to learn about "life"is enough. The rest is taught...

Anyway... I think I better go do the dishes THEN really do the assignment :D

Mona
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:49 am

Glad to hear your pottering along well with your non smoking Mona. Yes don't stress yourself too much, it is hard trying to balance out our addictions but we are always a work in progress. Even my husband said don't stress yourself too much on the healthy eating and flick yourself back into gambling. It's actually nice to realize he is starting to get how an addictive brain works. Much strength to you Mona 😊
Cazza

Postby Mongoose » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Good luck with the no smoking it’s not easy but I’m sure you can do it , it’s a bit like gambling I don’t think the urge leaves you for good but you can live without it 9 years SMoke free . Mongoose
Mongoose

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 am

Thank you Suzy2

It is hard...very hard . Been feeling vulnerable and I don't trust myself be cause of that gamble lapse I had two weeks ago... I have gone back to asking friend to take me shopping. Limited to carrying no more than $19 so I don't get tempt ed to buy a pkt . Some people I know smoke SO I'm having to avoid them till I get a few weeks SF (smoke free). today getting back to uni will be a challenge...

All the best Suzy2 ..-you can do this... stay strong and be kind to yourself. 3 days is wonderful. Don't focus on yesterday or tomorrow ... today is most important !

Mona
Mona58

Postby Suzy2 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:47 am

Just reading your posts. You are doing really well and choosing to give up the cigs as well!
I wish you continued strength as you reap the rewards of abstinence!
Only Day 3 for me but I feel strong and busy preparing for a 2 week holiday to NZ. That will help as there won't be any temptation.
We can all do this!!

Suzy2
Suzy2

Next

Return to The Courtyard