My story

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: My story

Postby Jeddie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 am

Well done Pikey
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Pikey94 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 am

Day 1 GF complete!

Today was hard but I made the decision last night to self exclude myself from my two online sports betting accounts, so even though I had the temptation, I wasn't actually able to gamble.
Pikey94

Postby Jeddie » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:51 pm

I have watched that video numerous times. It is how I have stopped.

Lost count but approx 38 days GF :)
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Pikey94 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks for the kind words Mona.

Just would like to share this video that I found, highly recommend watching it. Put me to tears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerAIKN9xMM
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Well done Pikey!

That's the spirit!

Keep Strong!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Pikey94 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Also in regards to Dave's post, I have definitely experienced the feeling of getting way ahead many times. But it will never last and you will end up losing it all plus more. If anyone is reading this and considering quitting, then STOP NOW. If I had just stopped even 1 or 2 months ago, I would be in much better position than I am now. You will never win back the money you lost. But motivation right now is at an all time high to go gamble free! Hopefully this will be the last time
Pikey94

Postby Pikey94 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share an update. Since my last post, I've still been gambling on and off, trying to stop. But tomorrow ive got an appointment with a counsellor at uni. I'm both nervous and excited as this is the first person I would be telling my story to. Hopefully this gets me on the right track!
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:24 am

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum . It is a quiet place at the best of times.

l am now in day 23 gamble free. I spent alot of time reading old post and learnt about how others deal with the gambling addiction. At the moment I feel great beating a few temptations and urges by thinking of the consequences, having daily sms from GambHelp and remaining determined to stay gamble free!

You could start your own tread and write in how you are managing.

Mona
Mona58

Postby User 59fe93076417c » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi All,
My name is Dave, real name because why lie at this stage of my gambling addiction. I am currently separated from my wife and kids, not through gambling just life and all the crappy things that go with it. My addiction really started a few years ago but has gone to great heights over the last 6 months. I normally only now gamble once a month but it is max bets and I can easily drop $1,000 in one go. The funny thing is that even though many times I have been way ahead I cant stop and then lose it all and a lot more.
I am fed up of this cycle and want to get off this cruel merry go round that I am on. I have seen great recovery stories on this site and hope to read and learn more as I try to kick this crappy habit.
User 59fe93076417c

Postby Mona58 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:59 pm

Well done Pikey!

It is hard and temptation plays havoc on our body both mentally and physically when we don't give in to it! It does get easier once you experience those confusing feelings and fight through them. For me I felt a wreck -- lost... and paced the floor! Walking them off helps. Know that they don't last long!

keep strong! You CAN do it!

Mona in day 14 GF!
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard