My story

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: My story

Postby Mona58 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Congrats on 46 days Pikey! That is good news life is going great for you! keep strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Pikey94 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi guys just checking in, I'm currently on day 46 and feeling better each day. Still on track to pay off all my debts by the end of June. Started my internship and for the first time in a while, I've been able to spend a bit on things I actually need (clothes, shoes, food etc.). I hope my posts will have a positive effect on those reading.
Pikey94

Postby Pikey94 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I'll be honest, I haven't been going to GA as much as I should. I will try to go more in the future as I know it is a great resource in my recovery. It is a great feeling paying off my debts and having a semblance of control in my life. The challenge is to keep it going.
Pikey94

Postby Catherine1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Great job Pikey. It must be a great feeling paying back your debts. You are taking control of your life. Well done. Keep up the good work. I am at day 10 today. I have been trying to give up pokies for a few years. I have a good feeling about 2018. The year I finally give gambling the boot.
Catherine1

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi Pikey!

Congrats on 12 days.
It is great that you're sorting out your finances.
Had wondered how you were doing . Are you still going to meetings?
Mona58

Postby Pikey94 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in a while, just thought i'd share an update. I'm currently on day 12 GF which is my longest streak yet. The time I spend thinking about gambling is becoming less and less. I have paid off my smallest debt to Paypal which is good because I was starting to get phone calls and emails to them. I am working my way through my debt to my dad and have already paid off more than $1000 of the $3500 I owe him and have made a budget which will allow me to finish paying off by next month. After that I can start working away at my final debt which is the credit card, which I'm hoping to pay off by the end of the year. I also start work placement on the 22nd which I'm pretty excited for!
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:41 pm

That's fantastic.

You could always go by when you went to your first meeting. l could easily lose track if I didn't mark the days on my calendar!

Wishing you all the best! Stay strong.

Mona
Mona58

Postby Pikey94 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey Mona,

Doing well, not sure what day I'm on, haven't been tracking. My job interview was yesterday and I feel really good about how it went. Its always good when it feels more like a conversation rather than an interview. Gonna be a really nervous wait though as you never know how well other people have interviewed. Still going to GA as well and the people there are really nice.
Pikey94

Postby Mona58 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:21 pm

How you doing Pikey?
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:45 pm

That's great Pikey! Hope it all works out as planned ... ... not wanting to sound a downer but try focus on just one day at a time. If your plans fall short that is when slips / relapses can happen. Having financial stability and the "generous amount to spend on yourself"... calls the temptationist.

Keep going to meetings.. keep posting.

They say we need to "replace" gambled time with something enjoyable.
Mona58

Next

Return to The Courtyard