Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • To The One's I Love

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    FamilyFirst

Re: To The One's I Love

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi CaesarsP,

Thanks for your reply. It hits home hard hearing what you have lost, I was so silly to think I could go on gambling and not lose my family and home too. I was soooo close to choosing a life of total regret, and I think about it constantly.

Time changes most things but I'll never forget the impact my gambling has had on my life. Its a never ending reminder that I must never gamble again.

I hope you too can be strong and stop chasing your losses for long enough to see a little clearer and find your way back home, if there's still hope of that?

Take care, cheers, Lee

67DaysGF
    0 x
    FamilyFirst

Mon May 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Hello all,

Ten weeks gamble free today, feeling pretty good about everything. Got a case of my favorite beer and having a quiet drink reflecting on my progress.

All bills paid, got savings again and money put aside for quarterly bills. I don't have much stress in my life anymore, I am much more motivated to get out and get things done. I feel and look healthier and I'm finally gaining some weight.. My relationships with family, friends and colleagues are improving.

I think its time to set some new goals for my life but just not sure at the moment what direction I'm going to go.

All I pray for is not throwing myself back into the downward spiral of extinction that is gambling.

With that said, I hope we can all say no to gambling today, its just not worth it. Lee

71DaysGF
    0 x
    Tiger1000

Mon May 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Congrats!! You are doing great!! We are on the same page, except for the gaining weight part, you would think all this extra exercise I'm doing to avoid urges, would help with the kg's, but I've put on 2kg, what the 😀😀. Good luck with the new life goals, so many possibilities!!
    0 x
    pamela

Wed May 03, 2017 7:00 am

well done Lee..you have done a great job and should be enjoying your freedom from gambling..you can start to live life again ..small steps each day ..
    0 x
    Suzy2

Wed May 03, 2017 7:45 am

Hi Lee

Is it 73 days GF today? Wow! You are on track for the 100! Well done! Your posts to others are always encouraging!
    Keep up the good work!

Suzy2
    0 x
    blastoise (facilitator)

Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm

YAY Congrats Lee!

That's some amazing change, through everything you've come out with (I'm sure) new insight into confidence to see that YOU can make change. What kind of new goals are you thinking for yourself?

Massive well done for 10 weeks!

Blastoise
    0 x
    1dayatatime

Wed May 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Good stuff Lee.

Cant wait to see you get the ton....

Its good to hear the benefits of stopping.....Ive read a few posts about the positives and benefits of improvement exceeds expectations which is what i feel too.

So good to just live easy.....so easy. IM NOT SAYING THERES NO CHALLENGES, just to be clear. But mentally and physically heaps better as you say.

Keep it up

D.
    0 x
    FamilyFirst

Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I wouldn't be in the state of mind I'm in now without the feeling of community I get when I log in here.

Hearing the triumphs, progress and the relapses helps reinforce why I'm here and that we are all only one decision away from being back to day 1.

Thanks again, Lee

73daysGF
    0 x
    pamela

Wed May 03, 2017 10:59 pm

well done Lee..you have done a great job getting here..keep strong
    0 x
    Noah (facilitator)

Fri May 05, 2017 10:29 am

Amazing work Lee! making big changes to old habits aint easy but sounds like you are really doing it!!!

Just in case you haven't come across this, there's a website set up for extra support and tools that help you keep reaching your goals. It challenges you to go 100 days (and beyond) without gambling. You can check it out here https://www.fightforyou.com.au/about

Also just for your info - if you and your wife would like some counselling to help you both to recover from any negative impacts that gambling may have had on the relationship... you can have access free counselling and financial counselling through a gamblers help service (just call 1800 858 858 for a referral).
    Or there is affordable and good quality relationships counselling offered through Relationships Australia - http://www.relationships.org.au/

Keep in touch :)
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”