Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:12 pm

ChrisP06 wrote:
    Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:48 am
    Struggling
    Hi @ChrisP06,
    How is your weekend going? Kudos for writing your first post. It takes courage to reach of for help, so well done!
    I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. I would highly recommend you to have a look at the Making a change section of our blog. There's plenty of resources you might find useful such as self-exclusion and Change strategies.
    Is there any sort of information in particular you would like to read? We might be able to point you in the right direction.
    We're always here to support you as best as we can, so please keep reaching our and let us know how you're going.
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:19 pm

Welcome to our newest members @koalabear, @Spurs24, @Greeneggsandham, @Chase, @Cshanay22, @User 61a80c7ae10c3, @Braecochrane, @Alize217, @Brad2001, @christoph1997, @Luxorus, @Edwaqu1, @Tez, @waltbessi, @Cancel self-exclude, @Accallia, @Johnathon313, @kronoss26 and @Hakuli!

In the forums you can connect in a safe and non-judgemental space with other people going through similar experiences. Please feel free to post an intro about yourself, would be great to know what brought you here, if you have any goals in joining we can support you with or if you have any questions.

Looking forward to reading your stories. :);
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:51 am

Welcome to our newest members @Bushbuddah, @Overwhelmedpartner, @Unleashed786, @Riddddd and @Parramatta!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves, you might want to tell us a bit about yourselves, what brought you here or ask any questions you might have.
    Within this forums you can share and connect with other people going through similar experiences.
    If you're looking for specific information, you might want to check out the 100 Day Challenge and/or Success Stories on here.

Looking forward to hearing your stories. :);
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:22 pm

Welcome to our newest members @XML3003 and @bradyflora!

Please feel free to post an intro about yourselves, would be great to hear what brought you here. This is a safe and non-judgemental space, everyone is here to share their experience, learn from and support each other.

0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:08 am

Welcome to our newest members @Gondles, @Lositela and @Mormlee7!

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourselves or ask any questions you might have. The forums are a safe and non-judgemental space to share and connect with other people going through similar experiences. There's plenty of useful information around if you just feel like navigating the forums. You might want to try out the 100 Day Challenge or go through the Success Stories.

0 x
    RobinNeedsHelp

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:31 pm

I’m 30, from another country where gambling is not legal.

I never had an issue when I first moved to australia. But after a couple random wins… I got hooked. I am a father, divorced, and the combination of a separation with a child and my constant pay check sliding into a machine, well I’m not even remotely the person I was a few years ago. I need help. I often cry after I leave a venue. I even go in the following day after losing a thousand dollars the day before.

I want it to stop. I want it to all go away. I just don’t know how I got this deep into this. But I do know it’s never to late to change, and I can’t wait for this to end.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:56 am

heya @RobinNeedsHelp I just want to start off by saying thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you've had an incredibly difficult time recently. The breakdown of a relationship is incredibly difficult, especially when there are children involved, and it sounds like gambling started off as a bit of an escape but is now really dominating your life. It's really great that you've reached out for support, it shows so much determination and strength.

Asides from the forums, do you have any other techniques or strategies in place to help you along this journey?
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:41 pm

welcome to our newest members @Melpaul8379 , @Adam Farith , @Jmild2 , @daisy2 and @Thanhtuan78

These forums are a space for you to share your journey with others who have lived experience! This is a judgement free place to share advice and support, and help each other with the ups and downs of this journey!

Youm might find it useful to check out the Success Stories for a little inspiration, or to check out the 100 Day Challenge threads and see how other members are travelling!

You can post a little about yourself in this thread here, maybe your goals and what bought you to the forums today. I'll see you around the forums :)
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Welcome to the forums new members @Player10 , @Adam G , @Chocolate , @1800rip , @accountability and @Marcus96

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and let us know what brought you here. The forums are safe and non-judgemental space to share and connect with other people that have gone through similar experiences. A good place to find useful information on tips and strategies to reduce or stop gambling is the 100 Day Challenge and the Success Stories.

0 x
    Printemps

Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:42 am

Welcome to the forums @Krisstall , @Lauraj , @Wern kit , @Jo Lee , @tirasoft881 , @hello777 , @StarkRaving46 , @Ratchakit @Sizz and @J2s

These forums are a space for you to share your journey, connect with others and find support and advice! This is a judgement free space, everyone has their own stories and reasons for being here.

You can use this thread as a space to introduce yourself, share a little about whats been going on for you, your goals, or what bought you to the forums today.

I'll see you all around the forums :o
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”