Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Owen

Re: New here? Change makers introduce yourself here!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Hello there,
    I'm tired of gambling and the impact that it's had on my family.
    My relationship with my wife is strained because of my lying and deceiving.
    Not sure if we'll make it but I'm working hard to win back her love.
    I have many moments of weakness and just looking to develop strategies to get past them.
    I know what I should do but following through is difficult.
    Looking forward to contributing in a positive way and supporting each other.
    Owen.
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Hey @Owen I just want to start off by saying welcome to the forums. It takes a lot of strength to reach out and share your story with other, so good on you.

It sounds like your family and working towards regaining your wife's trust and love are major motivators for you to make a change at the moment. This is a really difficult time, so remember to be kind to yourself, and recognise each step you take, no matter how small as moving you in the right direction.

Do you have any strategies in place right now?

Have you thought of starting a 100 Day Challenge thread for yourself? it's a good way to keep yourself accountable and provides a space for you to share how you're travelling and check in with others on the forum.

I'm going to tag some members who might have some advice

@JinxyWolf @Anita44 @Damaged_Armour @Menz199 @Welito @Chandyyy99

You can also always tag myself or @Lovely Cat Lady if you have any questions or need some support!
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Welcome to our new members @mozzy56 , @Dredd789 , @Wotaloser and @Bigzuko

These forums are a judgement free space for you to share your journeys and connect with others!

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads and the Success Stories, for some motivation to kick off your journey's

I look forward to seeing you all around the forums :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:54 am

Welcome new members @Gill14 and @TG003

This is a safe, judgement free space for you to share your journey's and connect with others who have lied experience of their own.

You might find it useful to check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads and the Success Stories, just to pick up some tips from others as to how they approach recovery!

When you feel ready you can introduce yourself in this thread! I'll see you guys around the forum
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:24 pm

Welcome to our newest members @Luca80, @Jah0, @Gregos74, @Thanh092 and @squiddy2922!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves here. The forums are a non-judgemental space to connect with other people going through similar experiences. A great place to start navigating the forums is the 100 Day Challenge and/or Success Stories.

Looking forward to hearing your stories. :);
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Welcome to our newest members @Kap and @Ambermarie!

The forums are safe and non-judgemental space to share and connect with other people that have gone through similar experiences. You might want to dive into the 100 Day Challenge thread or the Success Stories for some ideas of strategies and motivation.
    Please feel free to post an intro about yourselves. Would be great to know what brought you to the forums?

Looking forward to following your journeys. :);
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Printemps

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:02 am

goodmorning and welcome new members @brentblaine , @TheQuickfireGambler , @Manlysh , @Winston72 , @jessa18 , @Mitty and @OompaLoompa

This is a judgement free community made up of people who are making their way through their own recovery journey's. This is a space for you to connect with others and share advice and support!

To see how others are travelling you can check out the 100 Day Challenge Threads, you might also want to check out the Success Stories for a little bit of inspo!

You can use this thread to share a little about yourself! I'll see you all around the forums :)
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm

Welcome to our newest member @MarkSlots,

Please feel free to introduce yourself here and tell us a bit of what brought you here today. The forums are a non-judgemental space, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. Hopefully you will find plenty of useful information around in sections such as the 100 Day Challenge or the Success Stories on here.

Looking forward to hearing your story. :);
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 am

Welcome to our newest member @Jr88!

This is a non-judgemental and very supportive community, so please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit of what has brought you here.

Looking forward to hearing your story. :);
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:06 pm

welcome to the forums @Horsie and @JackyM

These forums are a place for you to share your journeys and connect with others, as well as find advice and support!

This is a judgement free space, everyone has lived experince and is here to help!

When you feel ready you can introduce yourself here!
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”