Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Can it be lower?

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    pamela

Re: Can it be lower?

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:07 am

I hope with the closures it will help people give up ..but I also know it is going to be a really difficult time for some ..lets hope everyone can get through this
    1 x
    Tilney

Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:28 pm

You definitely can do this! The last 10 years I have been an extreme gambler, losing thousands and thousands of dollars on the Pokies and lying to EVERYONE. I lost 7k in 2 hours once. I hit rock bottom countless times. One day, I decided to face my demons, it was difficult, but so much easier than I thought it would be.. I rang gamblers help line and they put me onto a counsellor. It was the best decision I ever made, my counsellor and I went through self exclusion and since that day at the beginning of the year, I haven’t lost a single dollar on the Pokies- that was 70 days ago and I feel stronger every day!! Best decision of my life. In 70 days, I’ve paid back all my Friends, paid off my credit card and haven’t asked to borrow money off anyone and I don’t feel guilty anymore about the deep dark secret.
    Ring gambling hotline, face your fears, self-exclude, let others help you! You’ll be SO grateful you did!!
    2 x
    pamela

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

What a great outcome..be very proud of how far you have come..being gamble free is the best feeling ever..well done
    2 x
    pamela

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

What a great outcome..be very proud of how far you have come..being gamble free is the best feeling ever..well done
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”