Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • closure of gaming venues

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    jessm86

closure of gaming venues

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:10 pm

This week in NSW we have seen the closure of pubs and clubs. I was excited for you all when I heard this news. I know for myself taking the temptation of going to these venues out of the equation helped me tremendously. I really hope for some of you out there that are struggling with this awful addiction take this as a blessing in disguise. Spend the time finding new hobbies, delete gaming apps from your phones ( I never realised how much of a trigger this was for me, even though I wasn't gambling with real money).

In a weeks time, it will be 11 months since I last gambled a cent :); :o and I truly believe that if I didn't self exclude from venues and talk to my counselor and others on this forum I wouldn't have lasted past my next pay day
    Take this crisis and use it as time to better yourself and share your journey to help others in the process.
    Hope you all stay safe and healthy.
    Jess
    5 x
    pamela

Re: closure of gaming venues

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:28 am

Well done on being nearly 11 months gamble free..a fantastic effort
    I agree that pub closures will be great in helping people find something else to occupy themselves.I just hope It doesn't cause too much anxiety
    0 x
    LOSER1973

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:25 pm

I am so happy they all closed HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH Now is the time for everyone to really make a effort to STOP THROWING YOUR MONEY AWAY AND YOUR SOUL!!
    1 x
    Realme

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Jessm, well done for being 11 months gamble free. I am 109 days & yes, it’s so fantastic that gaming places are shut down. It’s also helped me win the good fight even better.
    Keep striving!! :D
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”