Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Struggles

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Mongoose

Re: Struggles

Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Thanks guys for your support
    I have really screwed up big time can’t believe I am back in this position again , don’t know how I got here
    One big mess☹️☹️
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Hey @Mongoose I appreciate you being honest and open about your current experience on the forums, it takes a lot of courage to admit when these things happen.
    I understand it must be tough when this happens and it's easy to feel discouraged, but think of it as a bump in the road, it may have a big impact on you right now, but will pass soon. Try looking at ways you can learn from this particular lapse. You've achieved so much so far and that is still valid.

Be kind to yourself, keep pushing through. We're all here for you
    1 x
    Springhope17

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi @@Mongoose i feel for you! I have been in that exact position many times.
    Try to look forward not back cos you cant change the past!
    I know its hard but try not to beat yourself up to much my counsellor told me talk to yourself like how you would to your best friend what would you say to them.
    Because the negativity can really get you down.
    Make a note of the feelings so you remember next time you get an urge. Then look forward!
    You can do this.
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”