Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • I'm the old POPEYE

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    LOSER1973

I'm the old POPEYE

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:38 pm

What's happened to this place? I feel like i have walked into the state library. Either everyone is gambling or have stopped?
    I'm going to start day 1 from tomorrow.
    0 x
    pamela

Re: I'm the old POPEYE

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Welcome to day 1
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:32 am

Hey and welcome back.

I saw in another post that you've self excluded from everywhere and it's sounding like you have a lot of motivation - great to see. I especially like this line "its time to take my life back and not feel like crap anymore" - something I think a lot of people can relate to.

I hope you find the community to be helpful and supportive to you at this time. And already seems like you have some great helpful tips to share. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey :)

BrittV, community mgr
    1 x
    LOSER1973

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Thanks Pamela looks like it's been years since you have gambled Congratulations!

Thanks BrittV I plan to check in here and there, I don't know if I am motivated it's like I have no choice as if i cross over another line I think there would be no going back so I am trying to protect myself, won't be easy but have to try!
    2 x
    pamela

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi Popeye..it has been 4 years since I gambled..not always been easy but has made a huge difference to my life
    4 x
    How the F did I get here

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Hahaha! Hey old Popeye.
    I remember seeing some old posts by you, all edited if I'm correct.
    Which btw, how stupid you can't actually delete a post in this forum but you can edit it to remove content.

Anyway welcome back, I am just coming back today after 2 years on and off here!
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”