Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Jeddie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Mona, re the compliment about the advice, thank you.
Sometimes I read a post and go to answer and you have already said my words, lol

To Catherine, well done on 14 days 😀
IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Catherine1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Well done Mona. Only a few more days to reach 100 days. That will be exciting. I have never reached 100 days but plan to do so this year. Day 14 tomorrow - 2 weeks. After the 2 funerals I attended last week, this week has been less stressful. Spent 5 hours in the garden on Sunday. Have been getting up early all this week to water the garden before work. I have also started a new eating plan and exercise plan. I want to shift some of this weight. My bank balance is thanking me for not gambling.
Catherine1

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Yes only a few days to go to reach that 100!

You are brave jeddie... I don't think I could do it. I know what you mean about wanting to help some-one. Life experience has taught me we can't interfere in another life unless we are asked to, BUT if your instincts are strong do what you must ... who knows she might appreciate it or she might tell you where to go!..

That was really good advice you posted in the family forum!

l went to friends funeral today... saw many old friends. Came home feeling rather sad. That pokies thought sprang up on way home. l suppose certain emotions triggers that thought and it seems easier now to just remind myself I don't gamble anymore.

Mona on day 96
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jeddie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi Mona, today I walked through a pokie room and saw things that I used to miss. Old people, sad faces no sounds of winning. I also saw a young girl whom works in the cafe near me. She had no credits left and was taking a $50 up to get changed. I bet it all went in eventually. I wanted to tell her not to do it. I still want to say something to her. Wonder if I should. She was so young 😥

Anyway Mona only a few days to go for you😀

Ps, walking through did not make me want to play...yay
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Oregon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Congrats Mona!

You don't need to be Bunnings free - I am sure your hobby is what is keeping you out of the D den

Less than a week to go until that milestone!

Oregon on day 49 GF
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby Jeddie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Lol, 100 days Bunnings Free, lol
George Bernard Shaw
Jeddie

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Day 95....

Yesterday I had this image of getting a T. Shirt with "100 days pokie free" printed on the back and walking through the D -Dens!! No No... just an image!

Today I was supposed to go do some shopping and get new specs BUT ended up in Bunnings! So I'd spent half the day putting up posts and string for the beans. Waiting for heat to ease then will plant all the plants I'd brought. I'm going to end up having to join a BA group!
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm

I finally have an ironing board cover!

I've wanted / needed one for over 5 years! A couple of weeks ago I'd picked up some nice upholstery material.

Today my sewing machine saw light for the first time in years!

That was fun!

I even had my neighbor drive me to Bunning this morning to get more soil and I brought a couple more terracotta pots.
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:36 am

Day 93... inching towards my first 100.

Yesterday I'd keep thinking about that coffee and choc croissant ... it wasn't just a coffee and croissant.( that is twice I'd brought that same coffee and croissant.)

I know in posts I'd sometimes read about "rewards" ... rewarding good behaviour? I think it is reward enough NOT to gamble and be in a reasonable peaceful state of being.

Did I really enjoy that coffee and croissant,... If I be honest the answer is Not really the coffee was like warm milk and choc croissant was dry and choc in it was hard and tasteless! The one good thing about it was that I wanted it and could pay for it because I was NO LONGER GAMBLING! l could do better to have made a sandwiche and a flask of coffee at home thus put the money towards something else...
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Thanks Oregon : congrats on 45 days GF (?)

Day 91GF

Friend passed away yesterday ...

Visited stepmother today ...

.,.triggered a split second ''pokie though" but was easy to disregard it with a quick reminder that I DO NOT gamble anymore. And that was it.

Life went on being livable... other people's lives are just that their life...

nice to be able to buy coffee and choc croissant with the touch of the card... and not think anymore of it than it being a coffee and a croissant...
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard