Payday blues...

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Payday blues...

Postby Mona58 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Sandra, thank you.

Day 34 ...

lots of thinking last night and this morning..some sensitive memory has been woken.

Got parcel posted ... stayed on other side of road. l did for a moment think to cross road but saw the D Den and stayed on the opposite path. Didn't think much afterwards and went back to op-shop work. I feel strange in the sense that l have no urge to gamble but have been avoiding having to walk pass those D Dens.

My life and mental wellbeing are much more valuable than trying to win a few extra bucks! I got that few extra bucks in the bank and in my purse. *smile

Got myself a fiction novel and a couple of DVD's for the weekend. Oh and some new drapes which means l'll be busy this weekend.

I cannot help feeling the urge to exercise in the mornings ... just a few stretches ... it feels good afterwards.

Mona ... nicely happy inside and out.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby User 586eee5282d07 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi mona, just popping in to say hi, been reading your posts and you are doing great. Keep up the awesome work!!! Sandra
User 586eee5282d07

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:01 pm

l had a change plan as l walked so I didn't have to walk pass the Demon's den.

Got myself a little reward.. an air plant called Old Man's Whiskers' (Spanish moss). Got grandsons gift. And on my way home I used my umbrella as a shield so I didn't have look at the Demon's den.

l hate that the pokies is making me have to make changes to the way I did my banking and all that But I keep telling myself it's for the best. I'm now thinking about physical health and mental wellbeing a lot more than I used to. I'm really pleased with myself for a chance.

Well that's the day done. Hope everyone is good .

Mona 33 days GF
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 am

l still haven't gone out... It took me some time to open my bank account on the computer and when I saw the balance... I practically froze! OMG! ... I gathered my senses and transferred money to the other account..-what l need. Made some changes for next payday ' hopefully wont have to toss the money from one account to the other!

Gathering up courage to go out now ....filling my stomach first as I'd not realised its' almost lunchtime ...

But I feel pretty good after that workout this morning! I've taken advantage of the saying "Dance like no-one can see you!"

A nervous Mona ready to go pass the Demon's dens on day 33 GF
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:59 am

Yesterday I did my Triggernomics badge ... low and be bold this morning I read the email they sent and there was H.A.L.T at the end of it!

l had also browsed the BeyondBlue website there are some good helpful bits of advice on coping with those low moods that come and go.

I am going to have to carry a shield today... need to get eldest grandsons birthday parcel posted.

Mona ... starting day 33 GF.
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm

It was a nice enough day today. Am surprised that's its evening already!

There's been a few new posts today .. and most heartfelt.

I spend a lot of time on my tablet today in and out of the forum, reading more posts, looking for recipes with lemons, gardening tips! and reading the news What am I to with all the books and magazines I've collected! I'm going to have to make a tablet free day or two soon!

Good night day 32 GF
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 am

One of yesterdays "silly mutterings"... H.A.L.T resonated in my conversation with myself. This derives from my past A.A program. It stands for Hungry Angry Lonely and Tired, Being Hungry affects our wellbeing... We must take care to eat well even if it means grabbing a banana to start the day. Being Angry is wasted energy .. we cannot undo what we have done . Being Lonely ... I think is a state of mind sometimes.. we can do all sorts of things to combat this. We don't have to be Tired in the negative connotation ... being tired can mean we have had a good day. Taking care of Our Wellbeing can give us a good nights sleep I suppose. ..-less of this... less of that... more of this... ... everything in moderation as they say!

It was not as silly muttering after all!

Mona ... relaxing today! Whats'for lunch?
Mona58

Postby Mona58 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am

Good morning day 32.

got a slight stress headache but am happy enough that yesterday is done. Don't know yet what I'm doing today as its gonna be a very warm day .

Stay strong and proud guys and gals!

Mona
Mona58

Postby DFP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi Mona. Keep posting!
The detail is fascinating - gives an insight into the reality of the challenges and the thought processes that have to be overcome. Daily.
I am staying in a hotel tonight (away with work). I was thirsty when I first came to the room, so I took a drink from the mini bar. I would never have done that when gambling - mini bar is an expensive rip off etc. So I would not spend a few extra $ on what I want but would put hundreds into the pokies later that same evening.
Same kind of thinking with avoiding ATM fees at venues. How twisted and mad - save $2 and then waste hundreds!!!
So keep posting and sharing your thoughts.
Always a 'work in progress'
DFP

Postby Mona58 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Thank you for being here Jeddie!

After my shower ... longest In a while to be honest! I was tempted to turn the hot water off!
It took me forever to turn the computer on.. l kept pacing up and down pass it muttering silly nothings to myself! Then I get a txt from friend saying he was on his way. So quickly turned computer on .. transfered out as much as I could ... leaving only enough I thought would do. Get to the shopping centre withdraw it all' Brought the largest box of nicotine gums ... went to the tobacconist brought what hope is my LAST pkt of cigarettes! And I told her merry Christmas and she may never see me again showing her thg box of Nicorette! Then went to Aldi's got all I needed plus some "sports socks' ... paid for the groceries got some change .. folded it in half and put it in my purse!

Oh deary me!

Mona in the 16th hour of day 31 GF... relieved !*!?*!!
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard