Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Addicted Australia - Episode 4

Join us as we talk all things addiction and recovery prompted by Addicted Australia and the Rethink Addiction campaign.
    coco2019

Re: Addicted Australia - Episode 4

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:32 pm

Thank you :) I will keep trying.
    3 x
    Clouds21

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 pm

The support group seemed great Lucas... take away the addiction and it just felt like people wanting to support each other with life.... I guess this is what this forum is about. But are you still in contact with any of that group?
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Its amazing how much of a positive impact a conversation can have! Even though it can be difficult, its a way of giving yourself a chance to make change! Well done!
    2 x
    Iamlucas000

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:52 pm

@Clouds21 for me it was important to be apart of an inclusive group where the vice was not really at the front of the conversation. Yeah I am still in contact with Sarah, Jess, Craig (the peerworker) Dawn (loosley, but I found that there is a real strange link there, someone close to her I used to work with in another state!) and Ruben occasionally when he returns his messages or when he comes to group. Don't really keep in contact with many others. So I did make some great friends and I could not imagine sharing this life experience with anyone else.
    3 x
    Clouds21

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:28 am

It's nice to hear that you are still in contact and also see the connection of the group. We have friendship groups and family I guess in most of our lives but it can be difficult to talk to those people about our struggles... helps to find people that understand exactly what you are going through.
    1 x

Return to “Addicted Australia”