Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Can’t cope panic every day for money loss and alcohol problem

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Last Call

Can’t cope panic every day for money loss and alcohol problem

Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:16 pm

Hi there I
    I’m new to this forum as I’ve tried everything else for my gambling but every day every second is a struggle and I keep doing the same thing again and again. I’m so mentally ill and I can’t forgive myself for what I’ve lost and it’s also made me into an alcoholic binge drinker. I go to play to win and fun then I win and don’t leave until I have not a cent in my pocket I can’t cope any more that’s all I can think about is dying.
    0 x
    Judes

Re: Can’t cope panic every day for money loss and alcohol problem

Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:19 pm

@Last Call
    Hang in there! This forum has been a real support for me. Forgiveness for past discretions is difficult, but I think we have to leave it in the past, look forward and start afresh - today is a new day! One day at a time and celebrate the small wins!
    0 x
    Judes

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:53 pm

@Last Call - how was your day? Hope you were able to get through today without gambling!
    0 x
    Last Call

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:46 pm

Judes wrote:
    Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:19 pm
    @Last Call
    Hang in there! This forum has been a real support for me. Forgiveness for past discretions is difficult, but I think we have to leave it in the past, look forward and start afresh - today is a new day! One day at a time and celebrate the small wins!
    Thanks sooo much , as I really need help and I’m not sure why I can’t get to the stage of what you’re mentioning. I think because most people couldn’t save it in a lifetime and I have thrown it away like nothing and now my future is destroyed. So having lost it all just makes Me feel like there is no use in having control. I’m in a very dark place and that magnetic field to go There is very strong……… and my biggest problem is I am always too drunk to hold onto any money and I can’t break down the drinking from the gambling it’s a real problem
    0 x
    Last Call

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:48 pm

Judes wrote:
    Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:53 pm
    @Last Call - how was your day? Hope you were able to get through today without gambling!
    Hi there sweet you’re so very lovely to check on me. I haven’t been because I have been extremely hung over with alcohol and gambling and physically and mentally quite unwell. So being physically unwell stops me but I soon as I feel better I want to go again. How was your day and were you able to get through without gambling. If you don’t mind me asking how long has it been for you?
    0 x
    Judes

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:20 pm

I have been gambling on Pokies for about 8 years. I started due to loneliness and isolation as I left a toxic relationship and the job I went to meant I was living in a remote area and didn’t know anyone . I have tried numerous times to stop and over those 8 years have probably lost enough money to have paid cash for a house! I am semi- retired for the past 2 months so CANNOT afford to spend my retirement money! I got to the point no matter how much I won or lost I would walk out feeling the same - so then it progressed to walking out with nothing every time even though I had won lots! I have just completed 7 days - first milestone down!
    3 x
    Helen666

Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi. I hope you are doing ok. I hope so.
    0 x
    coz

Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:43 am

I hear where you're coming from. I was bought up with gambling. When I turned 18 my dad showed me how to play and then we would go there for hours n hours, resulting in a big win at the end, but we'd spent alot too.

Lonliness, boredom and depression sends me back to the pokies. Lost my husband when my kids were little (15yrs ago) and now my mum in July 21. She was my rock, so I just go to the pokies where I don't feel so alone.

In Oct 21, I went and self excluded to about 30 pubs across NSW and they told me I would be stopped if they saw me in the club. I did go in, but no-one checked on me. So I continued to go, continued to lose money, then continued to self loathe.

So this week I joined an online zoom meeting for addicts. Oh boy that was confronting, but it's the only way I can get through this.

My plan this week is too not take my savings cards with me, I've bought all my groceries and fuelled my car already. I will keep busy and be kinder to myself.

Well done to us all huh, we are here at least.

Coz
    2 x
    Wenna (facilitator)

Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:24 pm

Some great strategies there @Coz. Great to share these.

Wenna
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”