Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Share an inspiring or motivating quote

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    TheTiges

Share an inspiring or motivating quote

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Hi everyone,

We understand that weekends are the hardest moment of the week for many trying to stay away from gambling. For this reason, we’re going to be having weekly activities on Saturday and Sunday. The main goal is for everyone to be able to connect with other members at the same time, get support and advice from the community, as well as the motivation, inspiration and conviction to keep pushing yourself forward on this journey.

-Share an inspiring or motivating quote: share an inspiring or motivating quote, o a quotes that makes you reflect, and you can also explain why/what you like about that quote. :D

For example:
    • "And this, too, shall pass away"
    • "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Nelson Mandela
    • "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." -Walt Disney

Sundays, alternating fortnightly with "3 things to be grateful for...”.

We hope you find the activities useful, fun and entertaining. Any feedback will help us keep improving this space for the benefit of all.

The new activities will be running in addition to our weekly Chatty Tuesday meetings.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums,
    The Team
    0 x
    TheTiges

Re: Share an inspiring or motivating quote

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Today's the first Sunday we will be running our new fortnightly activity called "Share an inspiring or motivating quote". I'm going to jump straight in to it with the following quote:

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope" (Bernard Williams).

This is one of my favourite quotes because it gives me a sense of hope every time I'm feeling overwhelmed, stressed or in a 'dark moment' in my life. It's easy to forget there's a light at the end of the tunnel when we're in the tunnel.

I would love to read some of your favourite quotes, or quotes that have inspired you or motivated you. :);
    0 x
    TheTiges

Re: Share your favourite quotes

Sun May 02, 2021 3:14 pm

Hello everyone,

Today is World Laughter Day! So we're going to swap 'Share an inspiring or motivating quote' to 'share your favourite joke' this time.

This is one of my favourite jokes. Hope it sparks a giggle. :D

Once my dog ate all the Scrabble tiles.

He kept leaving little messages around the house.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun May 16, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

It's time for 'Share an inspiring or motivating quote' today, so here goes one of mine:
    “All things are difficult before they are easy” (Thomas Fuller)
    How would you apply this quote to your recovery journey?
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun May 30, 2021 4:37 pm

Hello beautiful people,

It's time for one of my favourite activities in the forums, "Share an inspiring or motivating quote".

I'm going to start off the activity today with the following:

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

How does this quote relate/apply to your journeys? @Anita44 @Menz199 @yep123 @AGHS @Hollymonster @KAG
    1 x
    KAG

Sun May 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady for sharing Your quote its so true!!

I am now at day 9 and this journey to gamble free as my new normal way of life will be long hard path but if I keep going and do not stop on this path it will be the best path for my life😁
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 30, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi lovely cat lady
    I am already determine to become gamble free person from 22 day ago and now I am sure that if I continue my journey day by day, week by week, month by month, I will succeed.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 am

Hi @Anita44,

Spot on, I think this quote is very applicable to taking the 100 Day Challenge. Sometimes looking at the number 100 can sound very overwhelming, but when we focus on just the present day at a time and break up the task into days/weeks/months, then it seems more doable.

Good job! Keep it up, you're rocking the challenge. :cool:
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon May 31, 2021 11:42 am

Hi @KAG,

Most welcome, I honestly had you all in mind when I chose it. :o

That's right! In time, the gamble free lifestyle replaces the old habit and becomes the new habit. It's so nice to hear it will be the best path for your life, some really strong motivation and determination there to hold on to. :D
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:34 am

"There's No such thing as 'Just Once'

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on." @Damaged_Armour
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”