Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Share an inspiring or motivating quote

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Anita44

Re: Share an inspiring or motivating quote

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:34 pm

I am quite a honest person, I am gamble but I never telling lie that it's me, if my partner asking me have I been gamble etc I will say yes and I lost alots of money.
    The harder part was telling his parents, but after I say it out I feel much better and I have their supported too I was surprised by that.
    They said to me don't worried about it, we all make mistakes in life as long as I know that I am willing to get help they will supported me.
    My feeling was all over the moon.
    That why I remained myself everyday, their more people out their to enjoy with family and friend, than just gamble .
    2 x
    Paris196563*

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:28 am

Admitting the truth is very liberating, I can totally relate to that quote, I felt very down but once I said out aloud that was it for me( recognising I didn’t have control) my spirits lifted and my day got better.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all faring well despite current lockdowns and what not. Having this in mind, thought it would be nice to talk about self-care and remind ourselves the importance of self-care, especially during thesae crazy times we're living in. Without further ado, here's this week's inspiring/motivating quote :) :

“Sometimes self care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while you lounge around in your pyjamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” Nanea Hoffman

Being in lockdown number 5 in Victoria, some of my lockdown activities include dancing in the living room (I use head phones so I don't disturb the neighbours), many phone calls with friends and family from here and from my home country, lots of TV time (I'm running out of series, please send recommendations, LOL), heaps of tea all day and minimising my exposure to news to only once in the morning and once in the evening/night. :D

What are your self-care activities/strategies? @Damaged_Armour, @Menz199, @Anita44, @Jimap, @loraineie69, @Squeaky, @Paris196563*, @Roys59, @ryan1019
    1 x
    Damaged_Armour

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Lovely Cat Lady wrote:
    Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:04 pm
    Hi everyone,

Hope you're all faring well despite current lockdowns and what not. Having this in mind, thought it would be nice to talk about self-care and remind ourselves the importance of self-care, especially during thesae crazy times we're living in. Without further ado, here's this week's inspiring/motivating quote :) :

“Sometimes self care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while you lounge around in your pyjamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” Nanea Hoffman

Being in lockdown number 5 in Victoria, some of my lockdown activities include dancing in the living room (I use head phones so I don't disturb the neighbours), many phone calls with friends and family from here and from my home country, lots of TV time (I'm running out of series, please send recommendations, LOL), heaps of tea all day and minimising my exposure to news to only once in the morning and once in the evening/night. :D

What are your self-care activities/strategies? @Damaged_Armour, @Menz199, @Anita44, @Jimap, @loraineie69, @Squeaky, @Paris196563*, @Roys59, @ryan1019
    Iv only ever watched 2 Netflix series...Ozark and peaky blinders, and I liked both.

Exercise should be a daily priority, if we don't go on our family walk, or visit the park for ball games, iv got a little indoor trampoline for the kids to jump on and use some of that excess energy, we'll to be honest, I blackmail them, if they want something like their ipads or to watch YouTube, they have to give me 500 jumps first.

Been watching some Olympics casually. I think Australia is playing Spain in the soccer Tonight for anyone who's interested.
    0 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Jimap

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady no lockdown in Queensland but not the best weather where I live so kids and I have been doing lots of art work and watching some good movies…once the kids are in bed I have started watching Animal Kingdom..lots of actions and hot boys😂😂😂😂🙌🙌
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi @Jimap,

Art work is such a fantastic activity to keep the kids entertained, well done! Oh, I've heard Animal Kingdom is good. I will take you on the recommendation, especially if it's easy on the eyes, LOL. Thanks for that! :D
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:55 pm

"When you're at rock bottom the only way is up." - shared by @Damaged_Armour
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Hello beautiful community,

It's time for one of my favourite weekend activities. So without further ado, here goes today's quote:

“The priority of any addict is to anaesthetise the pain of living to ease the passage of day with some purchased relief.”– Russell Brand on drug abuse

Although this quote refers to addiction to drugs, the underlying message can also be applied to gambling addiction. Whether you gamble to disconnect from the daily stress of life, get a high from winning or another reason, it comes as a short-term solution for underlying issues, such as boredom or stress, amongst others.

Really want to hear what are your thoughts or experience on this @Damaged_Armour, @Kevcollingwood, @JinxyWolf, @pamela, @Menz199, @Anita44, @Degener8, @spentitallagain, @awesomedude69, @Ivanhoe82, @MattyDavo25, @Kookjini83, @Paris196563*, @Jc, @Sb25, @alimanach, @CS1963, @Roys59, @Shouldntofchased

Remember there's no right or wrong answer, everyone's experience is unique and everyone's take/opinion is valid, which means you might not relate to this quote, and that's also ok. :);
    2 x
    Paris196563*

Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:56 pm

I can’t put my gambling down to stress, perhaps boredom now and then but in the past I think it’s the thrill of winning and feeling like you’ve achieved something (winning) that feeling of euphoria but those times are few and far between and I think your always chasing that high. There’s far too many lows though. Not everyone who gambles has a problem but it’s recognising when you do that is important
    2 x
    Anita44

Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi lovely cat lady

For me I think when I win big it's exciting feeling that I win, but it's doesn't work like that most of the time.
    I use to gamble just for fun, but since the grand jackpot happening to me, their no ending bet after that.
    I was bored sometime, but it's doesn't give me the right go gamble like no tomorrow, but once i addicted to gamble, I didn't think the consequences after I lost.
    Their no stress when I'm gamble, only I lost that when it's stress me.
    3 x

Return to “Community Space”