Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Mona58

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Red Rattlers were back in 1970s 80s I think they went out around then...

About "the thrill"... that's a hard question! There was mention somewhere about "dopamine" levels . At my age I didn't really pay much attention as I seem to have purposely forgotten. BUT . really give yourself time. Find things you enjoy? Visit an art gallery or galleries. Everyone is different and yet we all crave the same things if that makes sense.

Well I've enjoyed this chat .

Goodnight.
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Goodnight mona, i really enjoyed it too! And I'm so glad you're not offended. there's only so much we can tell about a persons tone online sometimes hey haha.
    I will see you around the community probably, but have a great week!

BrisbaneLad that's a really great question, and something I think lots of others will be interested in discussing. Maybe a good new topic in the change maker section - I think youll get a little more responses there.

I'm signing off as well. Take care and I hope you have a good solid week. See you around and remeber - funny videos are your friend
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Last Tuesday we had a very colourful conversation, covering everything from global warming to people falling at train stations, and a chat about some challenges in between....

Looking forward to tonight's Chatty Tuesday! Jump in any time - will be here for the next three hours :)
    How was your week?
    1 x
    Mona58

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Hello,

nearly forgot again .. excuse = home n away is back on!
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Hey mona!
    Ha glad you could join! great excuse of course.

hows things going for you? How was your long weekend?
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:20 pm

just realised also, tagging in this week's newest members in case you'd like to join us this week or any time in the future

@kimchipower @BigAdz @KLT
    0 x
    Mona58

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:29 pm

long weekend was quiet, pottered about decluttering here and there. finished knitting that dress .

I was also thinking about how people use the word "bored" in those first few weeks in recovery. This is the "void" that needs to be filled.

I don't use that word "bored" ... l replaced it with "relaxing" time! Enjoy this "nothingness" ... know that your work is done and you are entitled (and should) take time out to do nothing!
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm

Congrats on the knitting! does that mean the overlocker is about to get a working?

Yes that's great insight. You're right, I think for some it's because you're not doing something when you're used to.
    I do hope this is a helpful place for people when they're bored too. We're open to ideas of ways to keep things interesting & distracting - it's why we've done things like 'sunlight september' in the past. becoming gamble free can be as much about the other aspects of wellness as it is about being gamble free.

I did have a good LOL reading about how many candy crush games you've played by the way. go you!
    1 x
    Mona58

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm

ha ha ha! Its part of my morning ritual! coffee and candy crush!
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Would love to hear how things are going and what your goals are for the week ahead :)
    Or just any random thoughts of course, love a good off topic chat.

Jump in anytime, were here till 9!
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”