Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    BrisbaneLad

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:52 pm

@Mona58 hahah thanks for that. Just reading that gave me a smile and even a little laugh. so funny. not going to rule that out in the future... :)
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:55 pm

HAHAHAH mona that is quite the image!!!!

Absolutely, makes sense BrisbaneLad :)
    You're doing really well! Know that, and that you should be really happy/proud of yourself.
    Sounds more like a night of things that make you laugh.. I'm guessing you didn't see this becuase it's about the Melbourne train line but there's a video in this article that I have been laughing a little too much at this week

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 53rp7.html
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    Mona58

Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 pm

"Peaceful life"! ?? OMG ! No! I have years of experience struggly through living... I try so hard to ''ENJOY" what Iife I have left. In a couple of weeks 1 will officially become a SENIOR! looking forward my senior card ccourtesy of our ...... government!

Quite some years ago I'd actually had -in old language, a nervous breakdown ... and seriously never ever want to go there again! so any little thing and I'd rush of to d counsellor-.-psychologist .. or doctor and blab it all out! So really I do understand our many struggles through life!

My stepmother always tells Me, -. Its a funny old world!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrisbaneLad

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 pm

hahah thanks for the laugh @BrittV (facilitator) .. you Mexicans are a little different. But wow Melbs kills us all for the coffee and food....
    @Mona58 go the seniors card! I have a while till that. Im only 42 this year (so old!!!)

You ladies are tops. The work you do here is amazeballs. Really is.
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 pm

oh I'm sorry mona I really hope i didn't offend you. I was only referring to admiring the way you talk about appreciating the peacful things in your day - cooking, reading, soon to be sewing.

Can only imagine what that must have been like for you. How great that you did go supports to blahhh it all out! Hearing bits about your life over time it sounds like you've experienced many challenges, and also so much constant growth :) We're lucky to have you're almost senior wisdom around here ;); hahaha
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:05 pm

oh thanks BrisbaneLad. I love the work I do here, but it's really all about the beautiful people connecting with one another and supporting each other that makes it what it is.

I think we have a lovely corner of the internet here
    1 x
    Mona58

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Yes I am in Melbourne. Saw a bit of that on TV. I try never to rush on the trains,

I remember a time,,. when I was but a young gjrl! (ha ha ha) going to work in the city on a Red Rattler. You'd have to close the doors by hand. This one particular day ... some IDIOT decided to put a condom on the handle! much of the carriage was in fits of giggles!
    0 x
    BrisbaneLad

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Perhaps we should refer to the levely Lady @Mona58 . Seems fitting right?

Yea it is @BrittV (facilitator) .. I was thinking this was just a Queensland thing when I first signed up, but wow, what a cool little community.

So here is a question for the crowd.. How do you replace the "thrill". I get the waking up feeling really good about not gambling et al. but when the urges are strong, what's a cool replacement for the thrill?
    0 x
    BrisbaneLad

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Do love the free red rattler ... guessing now... is it the 38? tram that runs around Melbourne though!
    0 x
    Mona58

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:18 pm

NO.. I'm not offended Britt . I've long overcome shame and hiding. And I've learnt to enjoy "nothingness" that equates I suppose to "peaceful moments,"

One of the things that taught me to appreciate life and put my woes aside was the volunteer work I did with physically disabled. It was heartbreaking for me but the happiness that emits from these persons ... I cannot find words.
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”