Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Queenslander

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm

No , I'll have to look into the 100 day challenge. I have done other tasks on this website . But will def look at the challenge.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Yeah I can't say the dentist is my favourite place but I'm sure you'll be alright :); Yes progress is progress re: cats haha. The Addicted Australia documentary is such a big eye opener and really challenges the way that we think about addiction. It's incredible to see the real life struggles each individual faces and also the progress that they make. It's a 4 episode series that tracks their journey, I believe it's free to view online until November. Would love to know your thoughts once you've had a chance to watch it @Girl91 :);
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:43 pm

I have done some self evaluation tasks and others on this site. I will surely look into the 100 day challenge
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:45 pm

Sounds good @Queenslander :); Just wondering if there are particular topics or things that you'd like us to cover in future on our forum? Always open for ideas and suggestions. Same question for you @Girl91.
    0 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Me either lol, but I’ve been through the worst of it so this end shouldn’t be to bad.
    Sounds good, I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes once I’ve watched it. So this same chat is every Tuesday night?
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Ok great @Girl91 :); Yes we run Chatty Tuesday weekly, same time 8pm - 10pm with the exception of public holidays. There's generally a rotation of who runs it from our team but it's good as you'll hear from a few different people. Feel free to join us anytime and give us an update on how things are going for you :);
    0 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:56 pm

Awesome sounds great :) I’ll be sure to come on of a Tuesday night. To your previous question, I’ll have a think see if I can come up with anything. What usually get discussed?
    @Queenslander im new aswell, it’s tough but I think reaching out is the best thing we could have done :)
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:00 pm

Sure thing @Girl91 :); Our main focus is on recovery, strategies for change, tips we can share with others but it could also be a topic of interest or info you would like to find out more about. We also like to hear about how you are going in general.

Thanks for joining tonight @Girl91 and @Queenslander it's been great chatting to you both. The live facilitated discussion ends now but you are welcome to continue using this thread or create a new post on the forum in the meantime. I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon. Enjoy your evening :);
    0 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Awesome!
    Lovely to chat with you, thank you :)
    Speak next time :)
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to another week of Chatty Tuesday, we'll be live until 10pm AEST.

With the long weekend coming up, let us know what you've got planned for the break?

How did you go over the weekend just gone with your gamble free goals? Perhaps you've just started the 100 day challenge, feel free to give us an update.

For those that are supporting a loved one, here's a blog that you may find helpful "Trust fall: 9 tips to respond when a loved one reveals a problem with gambling".

We'd love to hear from you :);
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”