Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Girl91

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:13 pm

Thank you for the feed back, I’ll be sure to try your suggestions :)
    Also is anyone else have trouble send private messages? I have tried to reply to a message but it comes up error
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:16 pm

Thanks for sharing @Queenslander, yes online gambling and ease of accessibility is a challenge for many.

Here are some articles with some tips that you may find helpful, particularly Tools for quitting below.

3 reasons online gambling isn’t worth the risk

Safe at home: how to avoid the dangers of unregulated online gambling

Tools for quitting

Is this the first time you have reached out for support? Where would you like to see yourself in the next 12 months?
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:18 pm

No worries @Girl91. The private message function is only available between moderators and members as we want to ensure that the forum remains a safe and anonymous space for all :);
    0 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Oh ok cool, no worries :)
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:23 pm

What are your plans for this week @Girl91 ? :);
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:25 pm

I have had a couple of discussions with people on this website 1 on 1 but nothing major. My partner is the only other person I've discussed with. I spent quite a bit of money not so long ago and that's when I woke her up and confessed my problem and that's why I'm here today. To get help, work out ways to manage and basically not ruin my family life which I've worked hard to get. This is the beginning of what hopefully becomes the end of my gambling. My intentions are to keep my family. If I continue I will lose everything
    1 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 pm

I actually am having my second part of root canal done tomorrow 🙄 which I’m not happy about lol.
    And then work for the end of the week. No other plans really. How about yourself
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:33 pm

@Queenslander I can imagine that would have been an incredibly challenging discussion, good on you for taking that step. It's great to hear that you've been able to be open and honest with your partner and that she is supporting you through this. It's going to take work, it's going to be hard but it's going to be worth it. Have you had a look at our 100 day challenge thread? Here you'll see posts from many of our members quitting gambling for the very first time through to people that have been able to successfully stop for several years.

I'm wondering if you both @Queenslander and @Girl91 have seen the Addicted Australia documentary on SBS? It follows the lives of 10 very brave Australians and their families as they go through treatment for addiction. See here.
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:34 pm

That sounds painful @Girl91 hope it all goes well. I am working through the week and outside of that trying to get my two cats to get along haha. We've made some progress tonight :D
    0 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:38 pm

Yes, I’m not keen at all haha!!
    Ohh no 🤦🏽‍♀️ Progress is good tho, hopefully they’ll get along soon lol.

I haven’t yet, but I’ll check it out, seems interesting
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”