Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Mona58

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi,

Another quiet Tuesday. The blog link is very informative and well worth a read.

The week has been pretty hectic for me I'd caught up with a couple of friends before this anticipated stage 3 lockdown.
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi @Mona58 great to hear from you and glad you found the blog informative :);

It's good you were able to see some friends before the lock down announcement today.

It's been a very strange time for us all adjusting with restrictions and changes.

How have you been managing during this time?
    0 x
    Mona58

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:08 am

I've been coping just OK! Had a lot of changes happening some very annoying stuff too. It is hard at times but then the whole world is suffering the same fate.

You had replied but l didn't see it. Think I'd needed to click the refresh button. I'd gone and got busy answering my emails. Sorry about that.

l wonder if a "chat room" facility that's open every night for a couple hours or even daily would work better and entice people to "chat",
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:14 am

Hi @Mona58 no worries at all :);

Glad to hear you are doing okay. Yes it definitely gets hard at times but there is something comforting about not being the only one going through this strange and uncertain time. I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass.

I love your suggestion about the "chat room" facility. At this stage, the forum itself doesn't have that functionality but it's certainly something we can keep in mind for future additions to see if it is possible to add on. I'll certainly explore those options.

What are your plans leading into the weekend?
    1 x
    Mona58

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:06 am

This weekend l plan to shove all the annoying stuff papers into a drawer, clear out the pantry before the next round of panic buying! haha! and knit in the evenings.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

Sounds like a plan @Mona58 . The supermarkets are pretty good now in terms of limiting items so I don't think the panic buying will be as bad this time around (I hope!). Knitting sounds good :); I'll be busy unpacking from a recent move. I don't think I'm ever going to move again haha.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Chatty Tuesday :);

Checking in with you to see how you are going and how was your weekend?

A warm welcome to our newest members.

Please let us know if there's any particular topics you'd like to discuss or if you have any questions for our community.

Feel free to share with us any positive affirmations that help you during tough times.

Hope everyone in Vic is alright during the current lockdown.
    1 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone it's time for tonight's Chatty Tuesday, we'll be live until 10pm AEST.

A warm welcome to our new members :);

The closure of gambling venues had brought a lot of people relief. For the first time in a long time people were able to save and pay off some debts.

With venues reopening around the country, a lot of people are struggling with having lost their savings or money they took out of their superannuation.

With that comes a lot of feelings of guilt and shame.

Tonight's conversation is about how to do deal with those emotions and move on.

Some suggestions include the following:

- Write some notes on the positive things you did during the lockdown. Resolve to do them more, and grow the list.
    - Joining a self-exclusion program
    - Putting limits on your daily withdrawals
    - Taking gambling apps off of your phone.

We'd love to hear what tips you may have for others that are struggling right now and what has worked for you in moving forward. All are welcome to join in.

We also have more information from our recent blog here.

0 x
    Stewpus

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Into week 2 and I've been struggling a lot today. That blog is great. That bit about not paying that much for Netflix really sunk in. I have been keeping myself very busy in every way possible. Treating myself by getting hair done, gone for a walk, seeing friends I haven't seen in AGES. Just got off the phone to my mum which is always great. Now just waiting for my husband to get home in the next 15 minutes and then I will be fine with his support.
    Didn't think I'd make it today but I have and I have this forum to thank for it.
    Bit chuffed with myself 😊
    2 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi @Stewpus thanks for sharing with us, well done on your achievement!! :);

It's great to hear you are keeping yourself super busy, all those things sound fantastic.

The key is taking it one day at a time and planning out your day definitely helps.

Wonderful that your husband is supporting you, please keep us updated with how you go.
    2 x

Return to “Community Space”