Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:51 am

Hi @JinxyWolf :)

Isn't it so satisfying when you find at least one activity that you enjoy, which puts you in that calm state of flow! Reading, for me really helps!
    Well done on 4 years of being free from gambling! Such an accomplishment and very inspiring to others! :D
    1 x
    Wenna (facilitator)

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:10 pm

Chatty Tuesday!

Lets start with a casual chat.

Everyone's welcome, to join. Simply say hey,
    1 - Tell us about your week, and
    2 - Perhaps bring a question or topic you'd like to chat about.

You may like to talk about gambling problems, or something off topic. Jump in any time :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Wenna
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:54 pm

@Wenna (facilitator) Week is fine so far, 68 glorious days, but who’s counting, I am and appreciate every gamble free day!!
    2 x
    Wenna (facilitator)

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Hey @Kevcollingwood ,

You are sending an uplifting vibe, keep up the good work, Appreciation is such a worthwhile feeling. Thanks for sharing.

Wenna
    2 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 pm

Anyone else feel like they try so hard to stay away from gambling and just keep messing up :( ?
    0 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Chatty Tuesday, we'll be live until 10pm AEST :);

For anyone that is new, this is where we catch up weekly to see how you're tracking with your gamble free goals.

How did you go over the weekend? What strategies have you tried and what's working for you?

Thanks for your post @Girl91. There are many members that are going through and have gone through what you've mentioned. Hopefully we will hear from some tonight. You may find our Making a Change section helpful, see here. What are some things you've tried before to stay away from gambling?
    1 x
    Girl91

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Thank you :)

I’ve tried so many times to talk myself out of it.
    Say things to myself like, think of how your loved ones would feel, and my emotions after as I always feel so much guilt and shame when I decide to gamble.

I try to write down goals long term of where I want to be and how gambling is not going to get me there, most times that works but I guess I need other strategies as it’s still an issue for me
    1 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi, new to this group. Hopefully get into some good discussions about how people have managed their gambling to help myself and my gambling issues.
    2 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi @Girl91 you're welcome :); Listing the pros and cons and the impact on others is a good start. Things like self-exclusion from certain venues, getting support from a Counsellor and trying the 100 day challenge are some other ideas. What have others tried?

Our blogs also have some really useful and practical tips too.

Welcome @Queenslander thanks for joining us tonight. Would you like to share a bit more about what's been going on for you?
    0 x
    Queenslander

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Not sure how this all works.
    Started of pub pokies for a long time but managed that part of my gambling ok. When I started the online pokies that's when things got out of hand really fast. So much easier to transfer money and it's instant. Basically went pair shaped real fast so that's why I'm here to talk to people about it and hopefully learn to manage and potentially end my gambling. Cheers
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”