Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi @Jimap,
    I think Queensland is now known as the lucky state indeed, hehe. Fingers crossed! :);
    Wow! That's massive. Congratulations! Understandably, it's always hard to leave a family home, especially one where you raised your children in. But those memories will stay with you forever. :o It's normal and okay to have all of those mixed emotions as this is all a really big change in your life.
    House hunting sounds like something really exciting to look forward to. :D
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:01 pm

Menz199 wrote:
    Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 pm
    I’m coping alright, I’m a bit over it though, I love this time of year and always love getting out and exploring and going on long walks, Except the magpies of course haha.
    Hahaha, the magpies! A family of magpies decided to put their nest in the tree in front of my balcony and now I'm constantly avoiding eye contact so they won't come and swoop me. LOL.
    0 x
    Jimap

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:05 pm

I have heard if you feed them they won’t swoop but that may be a myth…just duck for cover 😂😂😂🙌
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 pm

All right folks, time to wrap-up tonight's Chatty Tuesday.

@Jimap, that's great advice, hahaha. Thanks! :D
    I'm really glad to hear where you're at and how you're going. Keep us posted.
    I'm sure there's many new and exciting connections that will come into your life in the place that will be your new home. :);

@Menz199, hope the rest of your week keeps going well. Fingers crossed we'll both be out of lockdown in time for exploring around nature in summer. :D

Always really nice chatting with you both.
    Thank you for joining in tonight. Until next time. :o
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi everyone,

It's time for Chatty Tuesday. I'll be live for the next 2 hours. For those new, this is a space to chat about anything you want.

I'll tag some of you to see who's around. :); @Bsbob @Jimap @Menz199 @ProblemPunter2017 @Padamb @unlim8ed @Gab2613812 @Chandyyy99 @Miss Hope @Blake 17 @BrisbaneLad @Damaged_Armour

How's everyone's week going?
    0 x
    Jimap

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady my week has been quiet as kids are spending a few days with their dad and I am home alone. Sometimes I like time by myself to do things for myself but sometimes having no one other than my dog here can make my mind go crazy…still trying to find a house to buy or rent..this housing market is ridiculous at the moment..hope your week is going well😊
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:43 pm

Hey @Jimap,
    The paradoxes of life, hey. Sounds about right, me time is nice until it's not, hehe. Hopefully the dog is good company at least. :D
    Oh, I bet... It's great that you've got some time to decide.
    My week's going well too, thank you. Still chasing other people's dogs in the park, upgraded to taking treats with me. :cool:
    When do you get the kids back?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:59 pm

Hello all
    How is everyone’s week going?’
    I’m going alright, as usual not much has changed, I’m still in Lockdown and will still be for some time.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi @Menz199,
    Good to hear you're going alright! Still making Omelette on Tuesdays?
    Oh, no! Sorry to heart that. Aside from the veggie garden, thinking of any other house or personal projects you could do in the meantime?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 pm

No, I actually cooked a nice chicken, mushroom and asparagus bake.

Vege gardens going well. Other projects could be possible, not sure what though.
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”