Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Menz199

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:49 pm

That would be great, yeah, another thing I find hard, is thinking of recipes just for one person, a most things serve 4 people and I don't necessarily want to cook or even buy that much, as like you just said, finding uses for all the ingredients and leftovers before they go bad can be tough sometimes.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi @Anita44!

I'm good, thanks. Not much happening with lockdown 5.0 over here. And even without lockdown, don't think much would be happening anyway with this weather, LOL.

How are thing going over there? All good at work? House smelling like paint? :);
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:57 pm

Yes, exactly @Menz199. It's hard just cooking for one, I know a lot of friends who have this same issue. the other option is badge cooking for the week, but you need to not be fussy about eating the same thing all week. It's not everyone's cup of tea...

@Anita44 should give us some tips, I've heard your cooking skills are popular? :D
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:01 pm

All right folks, time to wrap-up for today. Thanks @Menz199, @Anita44 and @User 60f103e42ae77 for joining. :o

So much food conversation, I think I need to get some food now... :D Hope you all finish having a nice night tonight.
    0 x
    Damaged_Armour

Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Heyyy peeps
    Watching a twilight movie here ....I know I know cheesy as...paying $13 a month for Netflix, might as well use it...
    Woke up not feeling like doing Jack, forced myself to go outside and gurney the tiles, after doing that I gurneyed the driveway and the sidewalk, then decided to go to bunnings and get some driveway paint, laid on the first coat, was gonna lay a second coat which was late afternoon but on the label it says not to use under 10 degrees so will finish the rest tomorrow.
    2 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Anita44

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:10 pm

Hi lovely cat lady
    Sorry I was sleepy last night, so I was fall asleep after I leave my message.
    If you cook for your self, you can cook big meal and divided meal in portions size than freeze it, than next time you cook something else do the same again.
    Than when you don't like cooking other time you can use the frozen meal instead so nothing can go waste.
    What ever I cook my partner he eat them, he so easy to please, so I don't have anything go waste lol.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Hey @Damaged_Armour, Twilight movies are cheesy but admittedly entertaining and not bad. Wow, you've been very productive... Hope you were able to lay the second coat today. :cool:

No worries @Anita44, still very nice of you to pass by and say hi. :D That's a great idea! My ex housemate used to do that and she saved heaps of money freezing meals. Haha, I'm like your partner, very easy to please. Don't like wasting food. :o
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:03 pm

Ahoy everyone!

It’s time for Chatty Tuesday. For those who are new, this is a space where we chat about how everyone’s week is going and also about any other topic you want to talk about. I’ll be here live for the next 2 hours. :);

How’s everyone’s week going? Hope you’re all managing to stay warm and dry this winter. I’ll just tag a few to check who’s around @Menz199 @Jimap @Anita44 @Damaged_Armour @CS1963 @hornet212 @loraineie69 @Rm89
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:25 pm

Hello @Lovely Cat Lady
    I’m great thanks, a little tired, just cooking my dinner.

How are you?

It’s been a bit chilly here but not too cold 😀
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi @Menz199,

Omelette? One, two pieces? :D

I'm good, thank you. Very excited and happy Victoria's lockdown will be lifted as of midnight. :D :cool:

#WinterIsHere. Glad to hear it's not that cold. Always nice to stay warm in this time of the year.

How are the walks/runs after work going?
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”