Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Damaged_Armour

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:41 am

Lovely Cat Lady wrote:
    Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:04 pm
    Yeah, reasonable concerns @Damaged_Armour. Definitely not an easy one... As a suggestion, I heard of a lot of people that walked in and just waited until they got the Pfizer after everyone with priority and what not had theirs on that day. Worth the shot (pun not intended). Nurses are more than happy to give it out to anyone that wants it. :);
    I understand its frightening reading about deaths, blood cloths and the potential fertility issues... But there's a lot of mixed messages too out there in the media. It's obviously a very personal choice, so gotta go with what makes you more comfortable.
    It is a personal choice, but eventually we're going to be corralled like sheep into taking the vaccine, with a multitude of restrictions requiring a vaccine passport, you won't be able to do much, possibly not even work without that vaccine passport.
    The Pfizer vaccine is scarce in Sydney, I know some one that booked for it last week and he'll be getting it in October. I tried to book, but no appointments available.
    1 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:32 am

Hi @Anita44, no worries. Its really nice of you to pick up your daughter after her shift. I'm sure she really appreciates it (family first). :);

Oh, no @Damaged_Armour, I had no idea the supply was so low over there. :( And you've touched a very realistic point. Time will tell.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,

The time has come for Chatty Tuesday. I'll be live for the next 2 hours. :cool: :cool: For those who are new, this is a space to chat live about whatever topic you want: your week, topics related to gambling, current affair issues...

I'll tag some of you to see who's around: @Chandyyy99, @Welito, @Iamlucas000, @Paul.F, @spentitallagain, @awesomedude69, @alimanach, @Nemo55, @Roys59, @Shouldntofchased, @Flowers2

How is everyone? Those in lockdown, how are you faring? :);
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady

How are you this week?

I've been good, works been going ok. Lockdowns been ok, but I doubt it will lifted come Thursday.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:33 pm

Hello @Menz199,

Nice to see you around. :); I'm pretty good despite lockdown, thanks. Glad to hear you've been good and work is good too. Oh, these lockdowns.... I highly doubt ours will be lifted on Thursday too.

Still managing to get some walks/running in after work? Any post-challenge challenges yet?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:38 pm

I've been a little bit slack with the exercise, but haven't given up, just got to find a bit more motivation. A bit hard at the moment but i'll do my best.

No post-challenge challenges yet, but I was just reading your post on my thread. I think it's a great idea to think of other 100 day challenges.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:49 pm

Yeah, you have to take it easy on yourself. Gotta roll with how you're feeling. It's also okay to not want to do it, the motivation will kick back in when its the right time.

I'm glad you found the idea useful @Menz199. :); Still having Tuesday a la Omelette dinner?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:55 pm

Very true @Lovely Cat Lady, the motivation will come back when I'm ready.

No Omelette tonight, just some frozen fish and vegetables. I did want omelette but am missing ingredients and I'm not leaving the house if I can help it at the moment. Only for work and if necessary a large shop. I normally do lots small shops. But I'd rather only go for a large shop at the moment. I'm probably saving a bit of money too.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Fair enough, better safe than sorry. Yeah, lockdowns do seem to be good for money saving. And regarding what you wrote in your thread about not hearing from the job applications yet, things also slow down with lockdown. Give it a bit of time @Menz199, I've seen it happen here a lot.
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Yes, I need to be a bit more patient I suppose.
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”