Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Menz199

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:58 pm

I don’t normally plant/eat a lot of herbs, but I’m open to the idea.

That’s nice to treat the doggos. Fingers crossed you get some good news soon to.

How’s the situation down there?
    As usual I’m having a hard enough time keeping up with NSW’s lockdown information, let alone other states.
    1 x
    Chandyyy99

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:03 pm

@Lovely Cat Lady

I am feeling wonderful about this at the moment. I am lucky to be able to have 8 sessions with my counsellor and have been doing them fortnightly on a Monday. I am still checking in with a counsellor every alternate week too to make sure I stay focused.
    The community on here is awesome and I appreciate everyone who has helped me so far.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Yeah, I guess something you would use. Perhaps basil @Menz199?

Yes, as long as we get consent from the owners first, it's all good. Thanks! Yeah, would be good but I doubt it. Numbers keep going up... that's why I stopped keeping up with the news this week. I think the speech is changing towards vaccine rates, so looking forward to that.

Ha, yes, I can imagine. I feel ya'.
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi lovely cat lady I miss you

Hi menz199

Hi Chandyyy99

How are you doing all doing tonight, I'm just home not long ago
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:11 pm

That's truly fantastic @Chandyyy99! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling wonderful (rightly so, you've been putting in a lot of effort). And kudos for seeing another counsellor very alternate week to keep focused! Well done! :cool: Anything in particular helping so far like walking?
    :);
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi @Anita44,
    Good to see you here tonight. :D How have you been? Busy day today?
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi lovely cat lady

Yes It a busy weekend cos of father day, I was happy with that, yesterday a bit quite and today it's busy I was very please.

I been good thanks, try to get my head together haha, just try to sort out paid my brother $1000 to go and my sister $200 to go that all, I'm pretty much up to date my bill now, I will paid my brother another $500 this week.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Good, good, that's great news @Anita44. I hadn't considered Father's Day, but of course that would make it a very busy weekend.

I can imagine. Sounds like you're on top of it. I'm truly glad to hear you're sorting everything out. :cool:
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Thanks lovely cat lady

Yes paid my family it's my first priority, I put all my money in my join account now and I leave my bank card at home now, so I make sure I don't touch that money .

My brother and sister said no rush but I said borrow it's borrow and need to paid back asap. I should paid all off by the end of next week.

So I be much happier after that.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:42 pm

Oh, fantastic! Sounds like you're brother and sister are incredibly supportive. It's great you have so many people that care about you and are there for you. I understand you want to pay it all as soon as possible but it is a relief they're not rushing you. :);

That's great! Is leaving your card at home something you keep doing? Are there other strategies you can put into place @Anita44? Have you considered self-exclusion from venues? Every state has different laws regarding it, but generally speaking you can exclude yourself from, for example, the pokies machines but not the dinning area.
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”