Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Damaged_Armour

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 am

Yeah I know....it's Wednesday
    Looking forward to the footy tonight. GO THE BLUES!!
    2 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:53 pm

Hello beautiful people,

Another Chatty Tuesday has finally arrived. How's everyone's week going? For those in lockdown, how are you coping?

I'll tag a couple of you to see who's around @Menz199 @Anita44 @Damaged_Armour @Paris196563* @Roys59 @loraineie69 @Jimap @User 60f103e42ae77 @frankieyu2 @Mitch26 @CS1963 @Panda21 @NS98

I'll be here live for the next two hours. Join in at anytime. :);
    1 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:13 pm

Hello @Lovely Cat Lady
    How are you this evening?
    I have had a pretty good evening so far and am enjoying chatty Tuesdays, going to make it a part of my routine while i'm here on the forums.
    I cooked a very nice omlette and only around 10% of it fell apart, so i'm slowly getting the hang of them.
    1 x
    User 60f103e42ae77

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi how are you all this is my first post on this forum
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi @Menz199, I'm doing well, thanks. Just trying to keep warm and dry because its been raining all day and its quite cold outside. How are you? Glad to hear your day is going good so far. Yes, it's really nice having you join in on Chatty Tuesdays. :D Oh, yummy. Surely it tastes the same in one piece or a couple of pieces, LOL. :cool:

Hi @User 60f103e42ae77, welcome and kudos for writing your first post. How is your week going? What brought you to the forums? :); Chatty Tuesdays is our weekly live catch up and we can chat about how you're week is going or if you have any specific topic in mind you want to talk about. :D
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:01 pm

I'm going well thanks, yes it tastes the same, but feeling great as I'm slowly mastering it.
    Aside from being tired as I said before, today was quite good, work was very busy, I pushed myself to go for a run after work, which was very exhausting but was fantastic. I am finally willing and ready to make it part of my routine, just in the afternoons instead of the morning.

How was yours?

Hello User 60f103e42ae77 welcome to the forums.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm

Mastering of any sorts is usually very nice, the feeling of accomplishment when you're getting better at something out of mere practice. :); You like cooking @Menz199? What are your specialities?

Oh, good job! Setting yourself up to succeeding in your next goal. Sounds like the evenings are going to be a much better option for you than the mornings. :cool: It's true, pushing yourself through at first can be exhausting. But the feeling afterwards is amazing and it ultimately impacts positively on your mental health. :o
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Yes I used to always help Mum in the kitchen when I lived at home. Since I've moved away, I never do much cooking, I normally just buy frozen meals and stuff you can just throw in the oven, I can be quite lazy sometimes haha. I have no specialties when it comes to cooking and when I do, I normally make a big mess.

But I'm slowing trying to cook at least once a week now. Tuesday's omelette night for now. I did actually cook some sausages and vegetables last Wednesday and did buy a few ingredients on Wednesday and was planning on trying think of a simple dish involving tuna. But the next day was when I was went to self-isolation so had to settle for frozen meals and fast food. As I couldn't be in the kitchen for too long. (I'm in a share house)

But this week I'm keen to try more.

Thanks, it's come as encouragement from a friend which has helped. If I don't run I am still going to do a quick walk after work. Yes it can be exhausting but very rewarding. Just got to make a habit of it and stick to it. :D
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:41 pm

It's hard cooking every day amongst everything else, the frozen meals are a very practical solution. Haha, guess a mess is a speciality too. All I can cook without burning the kitchen are quesadillas (and I still burn them slightly), so I'm not one to judge anyone's cooking skills, LOL. A friend recommended me to get some meals boxes delivered online that already include all of the ingredients you need and instructions, etc. I'm going to give that a try, I'll let you know if it works out. :D But it's hard, in general, from choosing what you'll make, to buying what you need and then actually doing it before the ingredients go bad.

It's really great that you're setting new habits for yourself. Chatty and Omelette Night Tuesdays, sounds like a good combo! ;); I'm happy to hear you've got good mates, how awesome that they're encouraging you. Amazing! That's a very realistic goal, and even if you don't run, a quick walk is much better than none at all. That's it @Menz199, fantastic attitude! :cool:
    "Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny." - Charles Reade
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi lovely cat lady and hi menz199
    How are you doing?
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”