Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:49 pm

I'm a Moderator of the forums. For what I've seen so far, this is an incredibly supportive community. You'll find other people with similar experiences, and this is a safe, non-judgemental space for everyone. :); Everyone is respectful of which point of their journey other members are. There's people that barely joined and people that have been here 2, 3, 4-5 years.

How are you still in denial @KrysGW11?

It can be serious. Some people have lost everything they had: their home, money for rent, money for food, relationships, jobs, trust of their loved ones....

Not sure where you're at or what has happened exactly, but can you tell me some of the negative consequences that gambling has brought into your life?

I can assure you you're not alone. And you're spot on, there's so many guilt and shame in admitting being addicted to gambling that often people don't disclose it to their friends or family. That is the beautiful thing of these forums, you can come here and write as an anonymous character and be honest to others in what you share without fear of judgement.

There's nothing to be embarrassed about. On the contrary, it's very brave to admit an issue, seek help and make yourself vulnerable regarding something like this. You've already shown courage and strength in coming here and starting to express what is going on for you. :);
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:57 pm

To get a clearer idea @@KrysGW11, you might want to have a read at 'The impact of gambling', 'Where do gambling problems start' and 'Gambling responsibly'.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 pm

I will be live one more hour if you want to keep chatting tonight @KrysGW11 Otherwise, swing by at anytime to the forums. We're more than happy to help in anyway we can. :D

Hope this has been useful for you so far.
    0 x
    pamela

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:24 am

Sorry but I work evenings so can't join chatty Tuesday ,but I am always happy to share my story..I never thought I could stop but I did..everything is possible if you work at it
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi all!

It’s Tuesday evening and I’m wondering if there’s anyone around who’d like to chat about their week? I'll tag a couple of you to see who is around: @KAG @Panta @Anita44 @Menz199

Jump in anytime, I'll be here live for the next 2 hours or so. You might like to talk about your week, how are you going or a particular topic?
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Hi lovely cat lady how are you doing?
    My week been very good, I have not feel like this for such a long time, like normal I mean I don't have feeling urge to gamble at all, is that mean normal to you?
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi @Anita44,

I'm good, thank you. :o

How wonderful, that's so great to hear!!! Haha, I'm not one to dig into defining "normal" but I dare say this is "the new normal" life you have been building for yourself throughout these past 31 days since you began your 100 Day Challenge. :cool: I'm so happy to hear the urges are gone, that shows your hard work is paying off. ;);
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:42 pm

Hi lovely cat lady I have to say wake up everyday I'm feeling proud and blessed that I'm not gamble anymore n hope stay that way.
    I couldn't thanks enough for been here for me when I needed the most.🥰🤩😍
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Hey @Anita44,

Reading your post put a smile in my face. :D What a wonderful thing to feel proud of yourself and blessed for all the benefits this decision has brought into your life. You're the sole author of your story, we're mere witnesses. All the hard work has been yours. :cool:

You're always most welcome! :o :o :o
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello beautiful people, anyone around tonight for Chatty Tuesday?

Just going to tag some of the newest members in case you'd like to join @daxso @Crito73 @Eagle10 @Lew99 @Panta @Power1979

How's your week going? Is there a specific topic you'd like to chat about?

:D
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”