Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Jimap

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady sorry to hear about your cat, that is sad, I would be devastated if my beautiful dog died, I love animals.
    Finally getting closer to end of property settlement and securing my own home for myself and the kids. Feeling better about my future. I am thinking more with my head and not my heart. My ex continues to gamble but I am determined to keep focus on myself and moving myself forward for me and the kids. Working on my healing and trying to work through anger and sadness. What a journey it is….😢
    3 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Oh, Labrador's are gorgeous pets. A very noble breed. I can imagine a cross with kelpie, its probably beautiful. Yes, I love dogs but they do need sometimes too much attention, lol. He probably misses you too, it will be a lovely reunion when Covid allows @Menz199. ;);

Things at work going good?
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Hi @Jimap,

Thank you! :o :o Yes, I'm a bit of an animal lover too (as you can probably guess). And especially during these lockdown times, our pets are even more important for companionship and mental health sake. :);

Wow, that's good to hear! That's a really big one for you. I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better. Hopefully the storm has passed for you and your family and better times are on their way. :); At the end of the day, that's all you can do because we don't have control over what others do or not. So it's great that you're focusing on yourself and the kids. Working on healing, the anger and the sadness, I really applaud this Jimap. Indeed, I know it's been quiet the journey for you. Although one chapter is coming to an end, I'm sure the new chapter will bring many joys and happiness you're yet to discover. ;);
    3 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Yes, put it this way, he has the affectionate nature of a lab but the energy of a kelpie because he loves to run a lot. Yes I have been thinking about going and seeing my family, but work has been hectic and the Covid situation hasn't helped. They live far away so I don't get to see them often.

I admit I'm a bit of a animal lover as well

Work is going well thanks for asking.

Sounds like a tough battle @Jimap but pleased that your working through it as best you can.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Oh, cute! Sounds like he's a gem. :o Well, the time will come... he'll be waiting for you @Menz199 open paws. ;);

That's good to hear. Better busy than not, especially during Covid. :cool:
    1 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:44 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady, I appreciate it. Yes pet's do wonders for our mental health.

Do you prefer dogs or cats?
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:56 pm

I grew up with dogs, the first was a golden retriever (your lab @Menz199 just reminded me of her, a very sweet dog). Then life brought this very special cat into my life and she turned me into a cat person (I had no idea how smart they are). Eventually, when I live in the right place for it, would love to have both. Wouldn't have a big dog in an apartment, they need more space. Cats on the other hand, they're fine as long as they have a window to see the birdies outside. And as long as you feed them on time, they won't kill you in your sleep. xD
    1 x
    Jimap

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady and @Menz199
    Lots of lessons learned…feeling stronger for it😊
    My dog is part Kelpie…crazy energy…we call ADHD sometimes, she can be rather over the top with her energy levels..lucky I love to walk👍
    Take care😀
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:07 pm

All right folks, time to wrap up Chatty Tuesday (although you're welcome to stay). :D Thank you @Jimap and @Menz199 for passing by tonight. Much appreciated! :o

@Jimap, you're a rockstar. You're kids are very lucky to have such a great example, and a very energetic dog (Lol). ;);

@Menz199, I'm looking forward to saying congratulations on reaching Day 75 tomorrow. For now, yay for Day 74! :cool:

Have a lovely night! :);
    3 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady
    I really appreciate your ongoing support, I hope I don’t annoy you by constantly repeating myself.

Thank you for an enjoyable chat, was a great way to wind down after a hectic day. :D Beds calling me haha, so I think it’s time for sleep.

Enjoy the rest of your week @Jimap and @Lovely Cat Lady
    3 x

Return to “Community Space”