Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Sorry for the late reply also @pamela
    Thats a good strategy to help remind you of the negative feelings gambling brings and helps to ground you especially when those urges arise!
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Hello everyone :)

Its that time again for Chatty Tuesdays!! :D

This is a chance to have a live discussion with eachother about how the past week has been for you.

What has been your biggest achievement in the last week? What has been your biggest challenge? What goals have you set that you are working towards?

Are there any helpful advice/tips you can provide to people who have struggled with gambling during the past week?

REMINDER: Addicted Australia documentary episode 3 is airing tonight at 8:30pm on SBS. It provides lots of insight surrounding a group of participants struggling with addiction. Let us know your thoughts :)
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Hello everyone :)

Welcome to Chatty Tuesdays!! :D

This is a chance to have a live discussion with eachother from 8pm-0pm.

We are in the first week of December and fast approaching the holiday season, how are we feeling about this? :)

December as we know is one of the busiest times of the year.
    It can also be an exciting time to celebrate with family and friends, especially now that restrictions have lifted significantly.
    But for a lot of us, December and holiday season can be quite triggering in relation to our gambling patterns. It can become quite overwhelming.

Since the month of December is usually a busy one, how can you battle the temptations heading towards the end of the year?
    You may notice some gambling agencies coming up with 'special' deals to reel people in, what's one thing that can help keep you focused on your goals?

START SMALL: For the first week of December what's one goal you can put in place for yourself in relation to your gambling?

REMINDER: Final episode of Addicted Australia documentary is airing tonight at 8:30pm on SBS. It provides lots of insight surrounding a group of participants struggling with addiction. Let us know your thoughts :)
    If you are unable to watch it tonight, you can catch it on the SBS app or website.
    0 x
    Lodger

Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:09 pm

Hi all, Welcome to Chatty Tuesday. We are live until 10pm AEDT.

This is a chance to have a live discussion with anyone else currently browsing and a good time to say hi to folks you've supported or been supported by.

We are nearly at Christmas. How's everyone going? Is it harder with the lead up stress to stay off the punt? Anyone have something to get off your chest?

If you would like to tag someone, just put a @ before their nickname
    0 x
    Lodger

Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Anyone interested in how the pokies work, check out this excellent documentary:

Trigger Warning. But also has info that will put you off them even more.

Ka Ching! Pokie Nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bny1qgKO46A

Was on the ABC a few years ago and is now free to watch on You Tube. It's a ripper.
    1 x
    Wenna (facilitator)

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Everyone's welcome, join us any time. Simply say hey,

1 - Tell us about your week, and
    2 - Perhaps bring a question or topic you'd like to chat about.

You may like to talk about gambling problems, or something off topic. Jump in any time :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    1 x
    HelpfulBee

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi All!! :);

Welcome to Chatty Tuesday!

This a great opportunity to get to know each other a bit more, and share a little about our stories and journey.

I would love to know what strategies are working best for you this week?

If you found out a loved one was in a similar situation to you with their gambling, would sort of advice would you give them for making change?

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!

HelpfulBee
    1 x
    Kevcollingwood

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:35 pm

Thank god my kids did not follow in my and grandads footsteps, I watch closely when we are out to pick up any hints of problems, they can put 5 bucks in a pokie and get bored, if they did, I would challenge them to come on here and do 100😀
    1 x
    HelpfulBee

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Hey @Kevcollingwood,

I love that the 100 Day Challenge is working for you so much so that you would recommend it to your kids if they found themselves in a similar situation!

What do you like most about the challenge?

-HelpfulBee
    1 x
    Kevcollingwood

Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:05 pm

@HelpfulBee I have tried every thing else, and I mean every thing, I went over a 100 days last time, and now I have the want to do a 100 more, it honestly is the only thing that has ever worked. Cross each of the days off on a calendar, look at it take a deep breath and say I never would have thought I would be here,
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”