Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Hello everyone!
    Its that time again for Chatty Tuesdays!! :D

I understand that last Tuesday the forums weren't as active. But today I welcome you to kick start a conversation!

This is an open conversation where you can tell us more about yourself, you're interests, new hobbies you may have discovered in 2020, things that have helped you on your journey toward tackling the gambling bug, any tips or advice you can give to others. Or simply tell us what the past week has been like for you.

One of my favorite activities i like to do would be going for long walks, reading (anything thriller is my go to), watching movies and my new found hobby for 2020 would be painting which i do whilst listening to music. Although I'm far from being a Picasso, anything you paint/draw/create is considered art. I find it to be a very therapeutic experience. :cool:

So tell us more about you ! What has worked for you!
    2 x
    JinxyWolf

Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:32 pm

HI Calvin,

I too am an aspiring artist mostly charcoal and digital art. It is a passion I rediscovered when I quit gambling and is something I find very freeing and rewarding. One of the first things I bought once I had saved enough money was a Graphics Drawing Tablet and it is one of the best investments in my art I have made.

Quitting gambling gave me the opportunity to rediscover lost passions and also find new hobbies to occupy my time and now I don't know how I ever had the time to gambling.

Stay Strong everyone and Be Well.

JinxyWolf
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am

Fantastic @JinxyWolf !
    You're right it is a very freeing activity and hobby. Sometimes when we find ourselves in unhealthy habits such as gambling we often forget what things bring us genuine joy and comfort! Keep it up! :)
    1 x
    Dockers6 (facilitator)

Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Hello everyone,

We meet again for Chatty Tuesdays, 8pm - 10pm. - 1 hour and half to go.

An open conversation around your interests, your journey, expectations, fears or hopes you may have for the future.

Also any stories you can enlighten the forum with, that may help someone else in a similar situation are always an amazing starting point.

This is safe forum, to open up and discuss.

From my end, i'm a avid podcast producer, and challenging the human experience is the most important part of my day to day life.

What about yours?

Dockers6
    2 x
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Chatty Tuesday, we'll be live until 10pm AEST :);

This is where we catch up weekly to chat about your progress and how you are tracking with your gamble free goals.

Let us know a bit about yourself. What has brought you to the forum and are there particular topics you would like to chat about?

We also recently published a blog called "Loot boxes - are they grooming youth for gambling?" which is an interesting read about loot boxes and video games. You can read it here.

Hope to hear from you.
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”