Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: Chatty Tuesday - Join us Tuesdays!

Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi everyone, happy Tuesday :)

Looking forward to tonight's chat - as always jump in any time, I'll be here until 9pm AEDST.

How's everyone's week been? How are you feeling about the week ahead?
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    A new start

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi everyone!

Thought I join in on the chatty Tuesday and check out how chatty it is.

Some may have seen my previous posts and after joining just over a year ago. I’m back active on the forum and now again 18days gambling free.
    I joined last year after having another big binch of loosing money, I had been gambling on and of for a lot of years by than. It started slowly and after having bigger wins I had way bigger losses. I probably was gambling free for a few month last year, but it slowly crapt up again on me. I don’t think I was in the right mindset last year and I made the goal about not loosing. Ha! Well that didn’t work, as I remember going back and winning! Unfortunately!!
    Now the goal is to be gambling free!! Well here we are 18days and the week has been pretty good, but still having a lot of thoughts about gambling, even though venues are closed the thoughts are still there!

How is everyone else finding their week?
    4 x
    How the F did I get here

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:54 pm

@Anewstart.

Not very chatty is it!

😂
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:00 pm

@Anewstart

I also am still having thoughts even though venues are closed. What a surreal time hey, good time to try and give it a good crack at giving up hey.
    So good they are closed, I mean not good for staff, and I do feel bad for staff but I couldn't give 2 ***** about the owners of the venue's though.

The problem is, is that it will boom once again and people will go out with a vengeance when they reopen.

Hopefully some of us will get a good start at giving up and not want to go back.
    1 x
    JinxyWolf

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Hi Guys,

It is a very strange time but one positive to take from all this is it's given all those who want to quit this habit time. Time to take stock of what is really important in life with out having the pull of the gaming venues to worry about. So I say take this time, sort out what you want out of your life, start dealing with the issues that make you want to gamble, face them head on and as scary as that may sound you are stronger than you think.

By the time the venues open again you will have all the tools you need to stay away and start enjoying life once again. Most of all you will have had time, time to let the gamble fog lift and you will be seeing things much clearer.

There is life after gambling and it is awesome :cool: :cool:

Be well and stay safe.

JinxyWolf
    4 x
    How the F did I get here

Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:21 pm

@JinxyWolf

True words you speak! Will also give people chance to get their bank balance up and hopefully get a start on some debts.
    0 x

Return to “Community Space”