Welcome to April! This marks a quarter of a way into the year! This month's updates -
Welcome to our newest contributors!
Reaching out, recognising you need to change, and sharing your story is a brave first step in your journey. Welcome to the following new members! ….
@ajohn, @D3bbi3, @iorek65, @Drav1234, @Sam11, @Elizabeth-Jane, @Baz113, @Purplepoppy989, @Nomorechances, @JAPAZ, @Hugo, @User 58e3730e58708, @Iamready, @unitjohnson, @Power0305, @Samantha,
Popular new threads –
You may like to check out or jump into a couple of new threads this month:
- Managing sports betting urges
- Boyfriend GA - 24yrs, helping him is making us toxic
- Day one again
- Giving money to someone to manage
- I've Been There: Peer tips to take control of your gambling
Our very own members contributed to an amazing list of strategies that, through their own experience, they recommend for taking control of your gambling.
Thank you so much to everyone contributed – an impressive resource.
- Under Pressure: Getting out from under debt
Former client Gus* shares his story of working with his partner and a financial counsellor to manage his debt.
- Changing Trajectory: You don't need to hit rock bottom
Sometimes hitting rock bottom gives people the motivation to seek help, but that doesn’t mean you have to hit rock bottom before changing your gambling habits. Your reasons to change just have to outweigh the reasons to stay the same.
This month we celebrated the success of these amazing members achieving impressive personal milestones.
Congrats to @Cil (see their thread here) and @StopPunt (thread here) for reaching 2 years gamble-free, and @Mongoose (thread here) for smashing 6 months! And thank you for sharing these, bringing motivation!
Did you know!
We know many of you come directly into these forums.
But did you know we also have a number of other services on the Gambling Help Online website that you might find helpful? Check out these other supports today -
- Lots of information to help you understand problems relating to gambling, including managing urges, what the odds are, and its impacts on health.
- Motivational SMS service
- A quick and easy self-assessment tool
- A gambling calculator
- Self-help modules
Have a great April!
BrittV and the team at Gambling Help Online