Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • October Update

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    BrittV (facilitator)

October Update

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, welcome to October’s monthly run-down!

I want to start by acknowledging that this month marks the sixth birthday of the Gambling Help Online peer support forum!
    That means six years of a safe place for people all across Australia to honestly and safely share their stories, and support one another.
    While I've only been here a small window of that time, I'd like to congratulate and thank everyone involved with the ongoing development of our corner of the internet.

WARM WELCOME –
    A huge and warm welcome to this month’s new contributors - Mokey 1970, gonegirl, 356string, Shaman, Bel2009, Tailz23, MrJay, Cad, remsan004, kate17, User 5bc7cbd5c510b, clarke123, benwalsh, MCA5950, Jess22, Ruby2, oliviaolivia.
    Be proud of yourself for coming here, and may this space give you everything you seek.

POWERFUL QUOTE -
    • "The only way to win with pokies is not to play them" - Jamus
    • "But something made me see the light
      And they put up a real good fight
      Our friendship came to a timely end
      My heart my soul began to mend" - Pamela, part of her beautiful poem shared
    FROM THE TEAM -
    A new 'welcome and admin' section has been developed in an effort to make this as welcome and easy a place as possible, especially for new visitors. As part of this, the forums have had a little tidy up.
    If you have any concerns or can't find something you're looking for feel free to post in the 'Feedback and Queries' section and we will get back to you ASAP.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT –
    This month's blogs:
    RESEARCH STUDIES –
    We recognise that the more that is known about experiences surrounding gambling, the more helpful the assistance that services can provide. You can find more info about both of these in the Research area of the forum.

Have a great November all,
    Take care
    0 x
    pamela

Re: October Update

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 am

Thankyou
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: October Update

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

No problem :)