Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 3 things to look forward to

A place for our whole Gambling Help Online community to connect. Includes special forum events, monthly rundowns and a place to chat with forum friends.
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: 3 things to look forward to

Sun May 16, 2021 2:10 pm

Hey @Anita44,

Your partner sounds like a very wise person, and a very positive influence in your life. That makes two of us working today, LOL. :D But yes, working is definitely a great way to keep your mind off other things. :cool:
    0 x
    yep123

Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi @Anita44 ,

Definitely planning trips is great, to try and focus on not spending the money on gambling.
    You’re very lucky you have support with your husband. I am on my own,!however I have called the hotline a bit and have booked in counselling sessions.

I work a lot so keeping busy is good to distract the brain. However I got some time of coming soon, a little worried about that, not so much gambling as i have put things in place like Gamban and removal of cards. I am more worried about the mind, slipping me into a dark depression. But I’ll try and not let that happen.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi lovely cat lady yes cos he so good to me that why I want to change my life to a person person, well I am a good person LOL just have finger problem that all LOL.
    Now I just want to proof to myself that I can win this addition.

Hi yep123 I know it's hard when you have time off work. What why I choose to work for now, but I do treat myself by buying new cloth etc , everyday I drive to work I have to drive pass so many club n pub they call advertising open until 4am in the morning, as addiction like me, I was thinking why the ***** that government allow to open that time in the mornings ( sorry for my language guy) and they are everywhere at the Gold Coast.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi lovely cat lady yes cos he so good to me that why I want to change my life to a person I love, well I am a good person LOL just have finger problem that all LOL.
    Now I just want to proof to myself that I can win this addition.

Hi yep123 I know it's hard when you have time off work. What why I choose to work for now, but I do treat myself by buying new cloth etc , everyday I drive to work I have to drive pass so many club n pub they call advertising open until 4am in the morning, as addiction like me, I was thinking why the ***** that government allow to open that time in the mornings ( sorry for my language guy) and they are everywhere at the Gold Coast.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:40 pm

okay everyone! it's the time of the week where we share the 3 things we're looking forward to!

I'm in Victoria so one thing I'm looking forward to is the end of lock down, so I can see my family who live regionally.

I'm looking forward to a nice sunny day so I can go for a walk with my friend!

I'm looking forward to buying some flowers for my room because they make me happy! I know that's a bit sappy, but plants make me really happy!

@Jimap @Anita44 @Menz199 @Kevcollingwood @Ali1 @loraineie69 @KAG @Lovely Cat Lady @yep123

What are you guys looking forward to at the moment? I'd love to hear anything, no matter how big or small :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi printemps I look forward

We going away next weekend to north stradbroke Island.

I hope to get some of my garden done this week .

I look forward to save some money after next 2 week .
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:55 pm

@Printemps I look forward too:

Next 24 hrs gamble free

Everyone with the addiction to signup here and start 100 days gamble free

A government to say enough is enough, no you can’t have any more pokies, TAB or keno licences
    1 x

Return to “Community Space”