October Update

Announcements from the Gambling Help Online facilitation team, including monthly run-downs.

Re: October Update

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm

No problem :)
BrittV (facilitator)

Re: October Update

Postby pamela » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 am

Thankyou
pamela

October Update

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, welcome to October’s monthly run-down!

I want to start by acknowledging that this month marks the sixth birthday of the Gambling Help Online peer support forum!
That means six years of a safe place for people all across Australia to honestly and safely share their stories, and support one another.
While I've only been here a small window of that time, I'd like to congratulate and thank everyone involved with the ongoing development of our corner of the internet.

WARM WELCOME –
A huge and warm welcome to this month’s new contributors - Mokey 1970, gonegirl, 356string, Shaman, Bel2009, Tailz23, MrJay, Cad, remsan004, kate17, User 5bc7cbd5c510b, clarke123, benwalsh, MCA5950, Jess22, Ruby2, oliviaolivia.
Be proud of yourself for coming here, and may this space give you everything you seek.

POWERFUL QUOTE -
- "The only way to win with pokies is not to play them" - Jamus
- "But something made me see the light
And they put up a real good fight
Our friendship came to a timely end
My heart my soul began to mend" - Pamela, part of her beautiful poem shared

FROM THE TEAM -
A new 'welcome and admin' section has been developed in an effort to make this as welcome and easy a place as possible, especially for new visitors. As part of this, the forums have had a little tidy up.
If you have any concerns or can't find something you're looking for feel free to post in the 'Feedback and Queries' section and we will get back to you ASAP.

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT –
https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/blog
- Blog: Why me? The risk factors for gambling issues
- Blog: 4 ways to get help: What do they look like?

RESEARCH STUDIES –
We recognise that the more that is known about experiences surrounding gambling, the more helpful the assistance that services can provide.
- A staff member at Gambling Help Online is completing a study about people’s feelings around online sports betting.
- CQUniversity is researching the relationship between gambling and domestic violence against women.
You can find more info about both of these in the 'Research' area of the forum.

Have a great November all,
Take care
BrittV (facilitator)

Return to From the Team