Day 7

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Day 7

Postby pamela » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:42 pm

Well done Jo-anne that is a great job..what a difference it makes when we dont gamble...I have planned 2 holidys for this year..bought tickets for me and my granddaughter to go and see Disney on Ice..got a tattoo that I have always wanted..I know..life is so different now..I still have credit card debt but I can do things now I am not gambling every dollar I earn..7 1/2 months gamble free..we can do it..
pamela

Postby Renee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:30 am

Excellent post Jo-Anne. Thanks for sharing. You certainly will get through this and I'm inspired by you.
I've stuffed this up so many times and relapsed but feel like this is my time. Everything means to much to me to keep giving it up to stupid sounds and lights.
We have to all remember the huge anxiety that comes with playing and the relief and happiness we have in not playing.
I think the divorce and you not gambling through it to escape it is massive. You are going to come through this and things are going to be ok.
Renee

Postby Jo-Anne » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Thanks for your kind words Pamela.

I have had a better day today....I did all my crying yesterday. My sister also was really supportive last night and I spoke to my dad this afternoon which was very nice.

Had the day off work today and did a few things for myself. The best thing was that I had money in my account and used it to pay my airfare for my holidays in April, and did not gamble it on the Saturday races. I wouldn't even usually have money leftover on a Saturday as I would have gambled it earlier in the week when I got paid. Today I only had a fleeting thought about gambling....it wafted in and out....it didn't hang around at all. I actually paid for my flight five weeks in advance and saved about $80. It wasn't on credit either!

So today I did some reading and dyed my hair....all these things without anxiety. I'm always a little anxious, but now not about gambling losses so it feels so good.

My sadness over the past will always be in my thoughts but will not take over the rest of my life

33 days today

One day at a time
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Sorry to hear about your divorce Jo-anne that must be tough on you.but well done on being gamble free.that is a great job.Things can only get better now..we cant change the past but we can shape the future so start on your next journey gamble free
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Feeling a little sad, my divorce going through the court tomorrow......not enough to set me off on the gambling path again though, considering that my gambling destroyed a perfectly happy marriage.

I have not gambled for 31 days.

One day at a time!
Jo-Anne

Postby Jo-Anne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Thank you Pamela

My days gambling free - 30 today

I have not gambled since 1st February!

Arthritis not good and I have had a tough day getting through work.

I have money in my account but will not gamble it. It is so good to see a balance there and I am also chipping away at my bills and even up to date on half of them and also paying on time. That is a really good feeling and I am less anxious because missing promised payments is the worst feeling.

I am in quite a lot of pain and also tired so it is hard to feel as elated as I should be, but I know when I am feeling better I will be back to my positive self!

Hang in there everyone! We can all do it!!
Jo-Anne

Postby pamela » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:42 am

Well done Jo-anne..keep up the good work and keep saying no to gambling..the feeling of not gambling is way better than the feeling we get from gambling..I am never going back to that
pamela

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Thank you Renee & Pamela....have made it through payday with less urges.
Have paid a few more bills and have some money in the bank that I have no intention of gambling!!
It is so nice to be able to buy a few little things to make life a little bit more enjoyable.
It is getting easier every week......I'm not going back!
Great to see so many people on the forum trying so hard!!
Have a great week ladies! :)
Jo-Anne

Postby Renee » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Very proud of you Joanne. I love see people's gamble free day numbers tick up 😊
I'm day 15 and feeling no desire to gamble tonight.
Renee

Postby pamela » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Well done Jo-anne.you should be very proud of your achievements.keep up the good work..
pamela

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge