Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My Challenge Journey

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Grubb187

My Challenge Journey

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for checking up @Printemps , im doing good,
    Day 17 today.
    I have played a round of golf today, having a beer at the clubhouse at the moment and even though there are pokies here i am not that interested with them. I think because i know i cant access money i am not bothered with them. Best thing i did was give all my banking access to the missus, is really working. Hope everyone else is doing good!
    2 x
    Printemps

Re: My Challenge Journey

Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:07 am

@Grubb187 That's great to hear you were able to enjoy your day without being tempted!

Asides from giving your banking stuff to your wife, o you have strategies for managing urges if they do hit?
    1 x
    Grubb187

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:23 am

32 Days today! I set myself a 60 day goal and didnt even realise over half way.

@Printemps I have been keeping myself busy with gardening, housework and golf. Kids are on school holidays now so will be no temptations as i plan on spending all my free time with them.
    I have also set up a 'Dont Gamble' reminder in my phone which comes up everyday to remind myself why i am doing this, also helps to track how many days without gambling. For others it could help if they set a time they know they might be tempted.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:32 am

@Grubb187 half way through already! Time really does fly! It sounds like you've really thrown yourself back into family life, it must be nice being able to spend time with your kids without having that constant nagging urge in the back of your mind. I really like the sounds of that reminder, it's so helpful being reminded of what you're working towards.

what's your plan for the end f the 60 days?
    0 x
    Grubb187

Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:51 am

Hi @Printemps
    Im not sure what my plan is at 60 days. In my setting goals module I completed at the start I said 60days no gambling, then try to limit playing pokies once a month with a $100 limit, but 33 days in and i feel i can go the 100days to try and really prove i can go without. I will probably talk to the wife and see what she thinks.
    2 x
    AGHS

Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi Grubb187, be very careful with that false sense of thinking that you can just limit yourself to gamble with a $100 limit. It is very very hard when you are gambling to set the limit. Especially when you have had gambling problems in the past. It probably took me around 5 years before I thought i had my gambling under control and tried a small punt, and yep, right back into it. I think going the 100 days and talking to your wife are great ideas!!!
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”