Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • First time I’ve ever seeked help

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    smokey86

Re: First time I’ve ever seeked help

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:08 pm

Hi @Rubi

Seeking help is very daunting at first.

It's my 2nd time here after a relapse and currently on day 17. The support in this group is amazing and honestly, I don't think I could do it without it.

The urges are still there but becoming less when keeping my mind busy.

I actually have time off with the kids and hubby these school holidays, so we have plans almost every day for the first week!

Theme parks, fishing, festival, BBQ with friends etc ......I will literally have no time to hopefully even think about gambling.

Sorry to hear you are still struggling with bills, but on the plus side, at least you wouldn't be feeling the guilt that money is going on gambling instead!

Keep strong, you got this!
    1 x
    Pikachu

Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:11 pm

Hey @smokey86,
    Good to hear that you are keeping up all the good works!
    Those plans with your family sounds amazing! I hope you can get some good weather.Keeping yourself busy can definitely help to keep your mind off. Well done!
    Looking forward to hearing form you about how the school holidays with your kids go~ :o
    2 x
    smokey86

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi @Pikachu

So far, so good,

We went to a theme park and out to lunch with them yesterday.

My oldest is learning how to drive and I was up early this morning, so took him to go watch the sunrise and out for breakfast this morning at the beach to get some of his "night time" driving hours up. (He needs 100 normal hours and 10 night time hours before he can go for his license)

My boys use to be full on, but they have definitely matured over the past few years and becoming more aware of quality time which is good.

Had a friend over for a for drinks and catch up for a few hours when we got home which was nice as we haven't seen her in over a year.

Definitely more enjoying the little things in life, that we don't actually realise are the big things until it's too late <3
    2 x
    Rubi

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:15 pm

@pikachu2 grwat to hear your having quality time with the kids, mine are bit older but I do remember the L’s 🤦‍♀️
    Don’t know how many days I’m upto but still going strong and haven’t gamble, I seem to be busy all the time which is a good thing.
    Have a great day 😀
    4 x
    Rubi

Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:54 am

74 days (I think)
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:28 pm

hey there @Rubi how are you going??? have you hot 100 days?
    0 x
    Strongminded

Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Hi,

I am also seeking support to help quit gambling. I hope to help support others like yourself too.

How long have you been able to go without gambling?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”