Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: Day 1

Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:17 pm

@smokey86 I'm glad to hear the BBQ was good! what's on for this weekend? It's the first weekend of holiday's yeah?

@John933 how are you travelling right now? Hows the jogging going?
    0 x
    smokey86

Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi @Printemps

It's the first weekend of school holidays here.

Yesterday we went with our boys and some friends to a Smoking Street BBQ festival with live music, so that was pretty cool.

It's meant to rain here from Wednesday, so my husband and I done about 3 hours worth of gardening this morning and then went out for lunch together.

Now just chilling with a few drinks at home to have a lazy Sunday arvo :-)

How have you been?
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 am

@smokey86 that sounds like such a lovely weekend! Have you got any family plans for the holidays?
    1 x
    smokey86

Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi @Printemps

Thanks for the tag again....trying to keep myself in check and you tagging me is helping lol.

We went to a theme park yesterday and I took my eldest boy for a drive to watch the sunrise at the beach this morning and for breakfast. Followed by a catch up with a friend for the last few hours who we haven't seen in a while so that was nice too :-)

I've got to do grocery shopping tomorrow, then out for dinner tomorrow night...then booked the kids (and the big ones too :-P) into a play center for the public holiday on Thursday as it's meant to be storming here, so figured it would reduce the cabin fever lol.

The hubby is a little annoyed that I've booked something for almost every day of our holidays, but he understands it's to keep me busy. And when we're not busy, he's definitely not missing out :p

How are you going? Any plans?
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:09 am

@smokey86 keeping busy is always good! It sounds like you're lining up some really fun things though and it's nice to be able to have this time with your kids!

Watching the sunrise at the beach sounds absolutely amazing!

I've been good, trundling along through the public holidays here! It got old again which I'm not a massive fan of haha!
    1 x
    smokey86

Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:45 pm

Hi @Printemps

Yeah the sunrise was absolutely amazing! He's on his learners as well, so it helped getting some driving hours up.

The play Centre was epic! We had so much fun. The big kids did too :-P

Lol I'm in QLD, so we only got the Thursday public holiday. But our kids and us are currently on holidays, so it really didn't mean anything for us to have that extra day off either. Just a day in Lieu for both my hubby and I.

We went to a friend's house about an hour away today for lunch and a catch up which was nice too :-)

We're definitely keeping busy!
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”