Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge begins today

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: 100 day challenge begins today

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:47 pm

how are you doing today @massivegamblor ?

you're a week through the challenge, how does that feel?
    1 x
    massivegamblor

Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi Printemps

It feels good

Just gotta keep myself busy. I have got this.

Thanks for your support

Cheers
    Massivegamblor
    2 x
    Jamaica26

Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Still going strong and have not been tempted yet. The weekends are always a challenge but I feel strong enough to resist temptation. Hope everyone else is going ok
    3 x
    Printemps

Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:59 am

heya @Jamaica26 that's fantastic to hear! What strategies are you finding are helping you resist temptation at the moment?
    1 x
    massivegamblor

Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi @Jamaica26

Glad to hear you are still going strong. Keep up the good work! Have to stay strong and focused as temptation is just one bad/wrong decision away. We can do this!

Cheers
    Massivegamblor
    3 x
    Printemps

Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:34 am

heya @massivegamblor how are you going?

I wanted to see if you had any strategies in place that have been working thus far?

and @Jamaica26 , how have you been this week?
    0 x
    massivegamblor

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi @Printemps

Going pretty well thanks for asking. As usual trying to keep busy. Been playing a lot of computer games instead of gambling. Just got an Oculus (virtual reality headset) and some games with the money I've saved from gambling. I haven't been doing as much excercise as per my scheduled plan, but that's alright. Maybe if I keep playing table tennis in virtually reality I can lose a few kilos!

Strategy of keeping busy is the main one right now.

Funny thing is i've had a couple dreams where I've gambled and or had a cigarette (i quit smoking april this year). And when I wake up and realise it was just a dream I feel so relieved, haha.

Hope your life journey is going well and everybody else reading this also.

All the best
    Massivegamblor.
    4 x
    Printemps

Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:10 am

heya @massivegamblor how have you been going over the silly season?
    0 x
    massivegamblor

Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi @Printemps

I hope you are well.

I've been doing pretty well over the silly season to be honest. I even went to a pokies with my crazy gambling mates and I was upfront and told them no gambling for 100 days (also 100 push-ups a day for 100 days) and they were really supportive surprisingly. And so i watched them gamble. I knew this day would come and to be frank it was a bit too easy.

We even went back to my place afterwards and played poker. i did not play, but i was making food and drinks for everyone. It was really fun. Turns out I don't need to gamble to have fun. Also way less stress on the brain; instead of thinking about money, i was thinking about everybodys food and drink situation.

Anyhow, i think i should be able to do the 100 days. The real concern is after that time. I am fully aware that the lure is strong and real. One small little thing could trigger a relapse.

side note, it was easy to tell my mates 100 days as opposed to im quitting gambling. makes it sound like a mini challenge for myself or something. not sure what my point is.

Anyhows hope you are all well and good and your festive season is/was full of happiness, laughs, and smiles.

Cheers
    MassiveGamblor
    2 x
    Printemps

Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:57 am

@massivegamblor that's really great to hear! It sounds like just by being with your mates and having something like being a good host to focus on meant you were able to have a great night without loosing anything!

Do you feel like you could just keep going, like once you hit 100 days, you can try for 200? You can just keep checking in here and say to your mates that you just want to push that challenge a little bit further? It sounds like they were good and supportive of you the other night, so hopefully they'll be understanding if you were to frame it as just keeping the challenge going. Or do you feel it's more a mental thing for you, like one you've hit 100 days then that itself is a trigger?

Also I'm so impressed by the push ups! I do strength training and yet I can barely do 20 without feeling totally defeated! :p
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”