Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    A.D.L

Day 1.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Here goes. Day one. This is a long awaited big step to openly admit and challenge myself to stop. I know I should talk to someone , and I will, but for now this is my beginning.

I chose today leading into one of the biggest racing days of the year because it’s a challenge and I can get through it.

If anything this is a space for me to continually check in and keep myself honest.

Thanks for listening time to start the journey !
    1 x
    Printemps

Re: Day 1.

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:24 am

heya @A.D.L I just want to start off by saying welcome to the forums! As you've mentioned actually taking this step is massive, so good on you!

Counselling is a great option that a lot of people find useful, you don't have to rsh into it yet, it's often good to take small steps and go at a pace you're feeling comfortable with. You might find it useful checking out this article on financial counselling, there a lots of good articles on the blog that help demystify everything around gambling counselling

It's great that you're making the leap and challenging yourself right now, do you have any strategies or techniques in place to help you along your journey?

Using this space as a way to keep yourself accountable and have space to vent and share where you're at is a great approach! Keep us updated! :o
    0 x
    A.D.L

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply.
    I’m a little scared to talk to someone but your right I will get into the counselling side of it I’m sure it will help.

For me I think Saturdays are a bad day especially between 12-3 where I get into my gambling. So I plan on using that time to find nature or fitness and leave my phone away from my person.

See how we go
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 pm

hey @A.D.L I wanted to check in and see how you've been travelling?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”