Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • First post…starting the 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Padamb

First post…starting the 100 day challenge

Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Hey everybody,

It’s taken far too long for me to start this challenge. I see that I joined the forum 2 years and so wish I’d started the challenge then. I had a bad loss last night and then chased my losses this morning and I hate myself for it. My problem is that I don’t have anybody to hold my accountable so I’m hoping regularly checking in here and posting my updates will help.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: First post…starting the 100 day challenge

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi @Padamb,

Congratulations for taking on the 100 Day Challenge! Better late than ever, right? ;); I'm really sorry to hear about your bad loss last night, however, it's great you've reached out on here to held yourself accountable.

If you haven't already, I would highly recommend having a look at our Making a Change section, where you'll find information and resources such as Change strategies and Maintaining change. Additionally, there's also two tools you can use straight away in case you haven't considered them yet: self-exclusion from venues and software apps such as Gamban to block gambling apps from your phone/computer.

I'm going to tag a few members that are also doing the 100 Day Challenge or recently completed it: @Anita44, @Menz199, @Panta, @KAG, @yep123, @Hollymonster, @spentitallagain, @BrisbaneLad, @PPS56M, @Chandyyy99, @Paul.F, @Meercat21

:D
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Padamb

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I’d really like to have somebody take over my finances so it limits my access to money but my partner has no clue about managing finances, so not really an option. Anyhow I’m feeling quite positive and will take it one day at a time! 🙂
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi Padamb

How are you doing?

Good luck with your 100 days challenge, be kind to yourself, take each day as it come, we all here together.
    1 x
    Padamb

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Thank you Anita44. I’m doing ok so far…hope you’re doing well. Early days but I’m hoping by making my commitment here it will make me more accountable.
    3 x
    Anita44

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi Padamb

Maybe you can talk to your bank, they can set up online account for you, and as soon as you get paid you can set up every fortnight or weekly automatic transfer to your online saveing that you cannot touch, as long as you not connect with your every account than you don't have access to it. In time you will go to the bank and find out how much you got in their, they just need your id that all.
    2 x
    Padamb

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Yes I’ll maybe do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 am

Best luck mate! Stay strong, this thing really gets us by the balls.

Do you have someone you can trust to “hold” your money and release it in tiny amounts to you as you need it?

It’s a strategy I am trying with a mate of mine to do that for me.

Have a good day mate
    1 x
    Padamb

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Yes, I’m trying a few different things which seem to be helping. All the best to you too @BrisbaneLad .
    2 x
    Padamb

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Back to square one and feeling so guilty. Not a huge loss given my limited access to cash but never the less feeling like I’ve let everybody down. Stressful day at work I feel was a trigger and just needed to have a drink and wind down. Usually I’d chase my losses tomorrow but determined not to succumb…no money to do it with anyway! What does worry me is that it’s payday next week and we’re away for the weekend…need to make sure I only take limited cash and not spoil the break. 😬
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”