Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Back to basics… Trying the 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    spentitallagain

Re: Back to basics… Trying the 100 day challenge

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Thanks so much for the support so far guys.

Day 4 today.

Hung out with the missus this morning. We watched Forrest Gump haha.

Just relaxing tonight, watching the footy. Will probably call the help line :)

Forum here is really helping.
    Using the app ‘I am sober’
    Starting Mybudget on payday next week week… to stop me from getting access to a large sum of money.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:43 pm

hey @spentitallagain that sounds like a really nice day! It's important to be nice to yourself and focus on what's ahead, as Forest says “My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on.”

It sounds like you've got some good techniques in place to help if those urges come up again. Calling the helpline whenever you're feeling a bit of a wobble is always a good approach. A budget is always good, that way you can keep yourself accountable and stay on track. Let us know how the rest of your weekend pans out! And remember to take it one day at a time.
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:29 am

Hey guys unfortunately whilst really intoxicated on Saturday night,

I thought it'd be harmless to throw $20 in the pokies downstairs at the pub near my unit complex..

I feel horrendous about it.. Didn't gamble yesterday and stopped after the $20.

I was going to lie on here and say Day 6!! because I didn't bet on the horse racing/greyhounds but a bet is a bet even if I don't consider myself addicted to the pokies.......

So back on Day 2 today... wish me luck!!!
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:19 am

Hi @spentitallagain,

How are you? Hope you're feeling better. :);

First of all, I want to congratulate you for being honest on here about what happened (this is a non-judgemental space :D ). And secondly, acknowledge that you did great job in stopping after that 1st bet. I'm curious to ask what made you stop there?

I would suggest to have a quick read at "lapse and relapse" when you get the chance. Would love to hear afterwards if you reckon this was a lapse or a relapse, and why?

Please don't beat yourself too much about it. We're all humans and alcohol can potentially cloud our judgement (it can happen to anyone). The important thing in this journey is to learn from our past experiences. :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi spentitallagain don't be too hard on yourself, give yourself a chance to become a new normal you, than you will start appropriate life are much better without gamble. we all make mistakes, your journey here is for you to say out loud without any judgemental cos we all here with the same reason and same situation is addicted to gamble.
    If you fail first time try second time until you make it.
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Thanks so much for that guys.

Made it through Day 2 today okay!!

Yeah just have to be honest with myself.

Excited to start the new budget on Thursday.

I hope that restricting the amount of funds I have access to will not enable the gambling behaviour.

One day at a time.
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:39 am

@spentitallagain how're you going today?

A budget is a really great idea! I know I said it on the weekend, but it does help you keep track of everything and make yourself accountable for where your money is going!

Exactly, one day at a time.

Remember to be kind to yourself right now.
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:23 pm

Going well. The true challenge will be when I get paid.. but yea just taking it one day at a time..

Ain’t easy. But I will get through nearly done Day 3!
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi spentitallagain you doing well, just make sure you plan ahead what you need to spend on like grocery etc, and the rest lock it up make sure you don't have access to it , unless you like to treat yourself something nice. I know it's hard for the first 3 weeks , it's will get easy after that, cos you start building up your cash again, than when you got money the urge of gamble will pop on, but we just have to learn to deal with it.
    Life without gamble it's fantastic.
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:45 am

Starting Day 4 today. Sitting on the bus to work as I write this.

Slipped up on this milestone on Saturday night so plan to stay strong today.

Feel very inspired by my peers on this forum battling the same demons.

One day at a time will do the trick!
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”