Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge. Here we go

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Panta

100 day challenge. Here we go

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Hey all,
    This is my first time writing in these forums. I had a hard two days with my wife. She found out about my problem but she is very supportive. I want to change my life around and today is the day. I have to save up again for my family because we have a baby on the way too.
    I hope and I will push myself to do this. Thank you for reading this
    1 x
    Anita44

Re: 100 day challenge. Here we go

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi panta welcome and good luck 100 day challenge I know it's not easy at first, just take one day at the time, we all in this journey together.
    1 x
    Panta

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:30 am

Thank you, Iam hoping that I can fight this
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:59 am

Hi @Panta,

Welcome to the forums! Good on you for taking up the 100 Day Challenge!!! :cool:

You've got some very important motivators: baby on the way and relationship with your wife. :);

@Anita44's advice is really good: best to take it one day at a time.
    1 x
    Panta

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:17 pm

Thank you so much
    Day 3 and heading home on the train. Kinda feel sad about all the debt but it will get cleaned up once and for all. No urge today
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:43 am

heya @Panta how are you going today?
    0 x
    Panta

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am

Today has been hard. Everyone at work has round robin for a football tournament coming up this weekend $20 entry. Everyone has put they hand up. I felt embarrassed to say no because it was infront of everyone. I haven’t gave the money in for the tournament. Tomorrow I have to say no, I can’t be involved

Other then that, I don’t have the edge for betting sport today. I’m keeping myself busy
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:02 pm

@Panta That sounds really difficult. Those types insidious casual gambling which are so normalised in our workplaces can be a massive challenge, but it sounds like you're clear in your decision and know that it isn't for you. It can be hard saying that in front of people when it is so normalised, but know that you are not alone, you shouldn't have to feel ashamed or embarrassed about not wanting to be involved in these types of things, if anyone asks you can just tell them it isn't your type of thing.

It's good to hear that you haven't had any urges today, though. keeping yourself busy can be really useful. Do you have any other techniques to use for it urges do come up?
    0 x
    Panta

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:30 pm

No, I don’t have any techniques. That’s why I keep myself so busy during the day and night time I have the family to keep me going. What techniques is there?
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:46 pm

@Panta there are a few things you can do, and different things work for different people. If you use apps on your phones you can use programs like Gamban to ensure you're not able to access the apps or website. If you go into venues you can also self-exclude, this means you can't enter the pokies lounges of the venues that you're excluded from.

Keeping yourself busy and making sure you structure your time is a really great approach, as it means you can prepare yourself for any possible triggers that may come up and think of ways to manage them. It also sounds like your family is supportive which is a great plus, having people around you who can support you can really help.

Do some of our other members have things that have worked for them? @Anita44 @Menz199 @AGHS ?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”